• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Taillight fuse blows when ignition turned on

gpxsrx

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
way to many 2 strokes
Have a 15 Sr viper no electrical problems till today. Speedo and taillight not working checked fuse and it was blown. Replaced fuse and turn ignition and it blows imeditly what gives. I check one side of fuse block when running no fuse installed the red/white reads 14.30
White/red reads 0.02. I hate electrical where to start. Thanks
I have a launch master installed also but always worked.

here is a start. If you pull the tail relay out and it still blows the fuse then it's before the relay. If it only blows with the relay in place it's the relay or a component after it. Check accessory plug for corrosion or if you wired in a heated shield to the accessory feed (tail light circuit) it could be that.

Power distribution  tail- fuel- headlight.jpg

here is a start. If you pull the tail relay out and it still blows the fuse then it's before the relay. If it only blows with the relay in place it's the relay or a component after it. Check accessory plug for corrosion or if you wired in a heated shield to the accessory feed (tail light circuit) it could be that.

View attachment 146410
Grizztracks thanks for the quick reply I will dig into it.

View attachment 146410

Heated shield wire melted on exhaust shield. Thanks Grizztracks

Attachments

• B0AE772A-46E0-418A-90B2-9F6E34BD0C00.jpeg
    B0AE772A-46E0-418A-90B2-9F6E34BD0C00.jpeg
    73.1 KB · Views: 94

Back