• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Take a peek and see what you think

Doc Harley

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'17 Sidewinder LTX SE
Any thoughts? Front tire is not true to rear tire. Maybe axle got over bent from factory?

IMG_20171219_093242205_HDR-640x380.jpg
IMG_20171219_093343424-640x380.jpg

Last edited:

was it backed straight in?

see that all the time at work when i have to jack knife a trailer around to get it in shop.

Three or four back & fourths. The final reverse was straight in.

I first noticed it Thursday morning at fuel station. Decided to take it 400miles to find snow. But it seems to have shifted a bit. To appear better than it was. Can't explain.

Crown of the axle should be up on both axles. Front one looks like alot more. Run a level along the centreline of tires both sides. You should see if one axle has come loose and shifted sideways. Just my thoughts from what I see, wouldn't be the first trailer I've heard of having axles not installed properly.

Thank you for the reply. That makes sense! Something is changing to make it appear better than before. Axle must be rotating around. Great?

I sent pics to manufacturer. No reply as of yet. Hate to drive the 10hrs there and back to fix! Sucker punch!!!!

A quality race shop that aligned the front end of my Corvette told me they align trailers as well. Might be worth some research.

Back