• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TD eco trail tune

I can't speak for ECOtrail but I've ran powertrail and max17 the last 2 seasons with zero issues and no codes.

Hey
Did you have to change weights on clutch arms when switching tunes?

Between powertrail and max17?? Yes
I’m considering going with the juke box but I don’t want to be on the side of the trail having to tune it just to do a lake run or two so still contemplating any advice would be great

Just tune it for max17 and when you run powertrail you'll only be a few hundred rpm below target rpm. When you want to race just swipe it over to max17.

I'll be running max17 full time next winter.

its fun to start out with 300 hp tune with 96 or so octane and try to race everyone on the first or 2nd tank - and fill up with 93 at half tank or so if possible on lean 17 or the 20# 300 tune - then change tune at the end of the day if needed but thats after 140 miles or so - i just drive it home on the high tune if i can get 93 - or switch to max 17 if u feel like it but dont have to - its fine - just dont run it wide open up a hill for a long distance or do a top end shot - still roll over 100 on the trail at 1/2 throttle or so - run it. dont b scared - your not gona hurt it.
- actually - doing an oil change wrong will hurt it more than anything!!!
- i just run the heavy super slugs with the trail friendly qay70 weight and alot of gear... it under revs a little on the slower tunes but it likes to under rev a little with those weights - 8600 is not an issue... climbing to 88 or more - still makes power down low... feels better to rev it but im finding that loading the #*$&@ out of her makes her eat - and she likes it low pulling like a freight train...

Last edited:
its fun to start out with 300 hp tune with 96 or so octane and try to race everyone on the first or 2nd tank - and fill up with 93 at half tank or so if possible on lean 17 or the 20# 300 tune - then change tune at the end of the day if needed but thats after 140 miles or so - i just drive it home on the high tune if i can get 93 - or switch to max 17 if u feel like it but dont have to - its fine - just dont run it wide open up a hill for a long distance or do a top end shot - still roll over 100 on the trail at 1/2 throttle or so - run it. dont b scared - your not gona hurt it.
- actually - doing an oil change wrong will hurt it more than anything!!!
- i just run the heavy super slugs with the trail friendly qay70 weight and alot of gear... it under revs a little on the slower tunes but it likes to under rev a little with those weights - 8600 is not an issue... climbing to 88 or more
"roll over 100 at half throttle"....yep, I've let a few people drive my Winder, the comment is always "I can't believe how quickly this sled can accelerate from 70mph to 100mph+"

Just tune it for max17 and when you run powertrail you'll only be a few hundred rpm below target rpm. When you want to race just swipe it over to max17.

I'll be running max17 full time next winter.

Ok, that’s a pretty good solution
Thank you

max17 to race? thats only 275 - LOL - lean 17 is 290 at 94 - thats the fastest stock fuel pump tune - my favorite - besides the max 20# 300 tune - kinda need the pump for that but i run it to 700 feet or so - its fine...

max17 to race? thats only 275 - LOL - lean 17 is 290 at 94 - thats the fastest stock fuel pump tune - my favorite - besides the max 20# 300 tune - kinda need the pump for that but i run it to 700 feet or so - its fine...

Lean 17 is Max17 V5 and I run it on 91 with no knock.

Pretty sure he's looking for pump gas tunes. Nothings going to beat you running powertrail or Max17 unless its another tuned winder/cat.

Last edited:
Tuned mine this year with ECOTRAIL.
It’s super safe, even ran 87 in it twice because we did not have the choice. My buddy added octane booster to his sled, I did not and still ran it pretty hard!! That tune is safe with 87 (ecotrail mss tune) was the one I ran most of this season. End of season upgraded to the Max Spool 16 tune. BIG difference but now need 91 octane to be safe, but the newer flashes come with boost gauge and knock light!!

Interesting about such good gas milage with the tune and exhaust. May have to re-think this in the future for a stock-mod pipe but I don't feel you can go wrong with the Stock Muffler tunes and flasher so you can back down if you're getting knock while on a remote ride or tour. Almost 1000 miles on Ecotrail Stock Muffler on mine, I get 14-15 mpg.

Lean 17 is Max17 V5 and I run it on 91 with no knock.

Pretty sure he's looking for pump gas tunes. Nothings going to beat you running powertrail or Max17 unless its another tuned winder/cat.
uhhh - no - max spool LEAN 17 is 290 - max 17 is 275 - max spool 17 is 285, which i dont like or use anymore. I run lean 17 all the time with 93 when i run out of the race gas mix - ill smoke u on power trail or max 17 or max spool 17 with this tune - i try to run with a splash of 116 but cant always doo that 100 miles in sooooo - its confusing - theres alot of tunes out there - i hate the names - wish he'd jus call em the hp & octane - thats all u need....

Attachments

• IMG_20180411_115156.jpg
    IMG_20180411_115156.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_20180411_115200.jpg
    IMG_20180411_115200.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_20180411_115208.jpg
    IMG_20180411_115208.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_20180411_115218.jpg
    IMG_20180411_115218.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
uhhh - no - max spool LEAN 17 is 290 - max 17 is 275 - max spool 17 is 285, which i dont like or use anymore. I run lean 17 all the time with 93 when i run out of the race gas mix - ill smoke u on power trail or max 17 or max spool 17 with this tune - i try to run with a splash of 116 but cant always doo that 100 miles in sooooo - its confusing - theres alot of tunes out there - i hate the names - wish he'd jus call em the hp & octane - thats all u need....

My bad...

I was told by Ben that Max17V5 which is what I have is the lean version. Yup you are right there are so many tunes it gets confusing...

So guys, what is the difference between max spool17 and lean 17, besides 5hp?
Waldo, what do you like better about lean 17?
thanks

Waldo,
Is there a big difference in knock between Lean 17 (290) vs Max 17 (275)???

Is there a big difference in performance between Lean 17 and Max 20??

Back