• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TD eco trail tune

I have the td pt stock muffler stock air box, td sent me the 66g weights I have them loaded to 69.1 grams with there springs and stock helix runs 8800-8900 all day works good about 14 mpg

Whatever you want to call it Waldo!
I’m just stating facts bud, no Bs from me. I complained to dealer on numerous occasions about my bad mileage. He repaired it and told me what they found and what they replaced it with. After their repair, Voila 15 mpg many times over!!

So what is BS about that Bud...
thats not what i mean - at all - im completely sick of dealers telling us a line of bs to get u out the door because your not spending money - i think they told u a bunch of BS - didnt do a thing and next time u rode its more broke in so gets better mileage and sno was harder or better for mileage or whatever - i just cant believe that would make any difference - did they show u the bad part or anything to prove there point? how would they know its the fuel regulator? how would u test for it? is there a bullitan for another china crap part? if it was that far off, itd be coughing and popping , acting funny,, there has been issues with a 2 dollar fitting on top of the tank which wouldnt effect mileage at all, unless it was leaking - im just fed up with crappy dealers that wont help unless u spend more money... thats all... sorry for the negative response - lazy stupid people / most dealers just suck. i have to doo everything myself if i want it done - let alone done correctly or improved. done buying warranty's for these cats.... if u make a claim - u wont see your sled till next season...

Last edited:
thats not what i mean - at all - im completely sick of dealers telling us a line of bs to get u out the door because your not spending money - i think they told u a bunch of BS - didnt do a thing and next time u rode its more broke in so gets better mileage and sno was harder or better for mileage or whatever - i just cant believe that would make any difference - did they show u the bad part or anything to prove there point? how would they know its the fuel regulator? how would u test for it? is there a bullitan for another china crap part? if it was that far off, itd be coughing and popping , acting funny,, there has been issues with a 2 dollar fitting on top of the tank which wouldnt effect mileage at all, unless it was leaking - im just fed up with crappy dealers that wont help unless u spend more money... thats all... sorry for the negative response - lazy stupid people / most dealers just suck. i have to doo everything myself if i want it done - let alone done correctly or improved. done buying warranty's for these cats.... if u make a claim - u wont see your sled till next season...

Yes can be very frustrating at times. I try to distinguish between Yamaha fabricated promises, and dealer performance.

Did not get all that I should have when our 2017 winders were delivered, RR suspensions! I did put in a formal complaint with Yamaha, not against the dealer.

I have got to say, my dealer did what he said they could do. He told me more than once, “Bring it in because you should be getting better mileage”. I did not want my sled in the shop, I bought it to ride, so I waited until mid season and found a rainy Saturday to bring it in. They had it all day, multiple techs working on it. Once done not only did they find the problem, but I got reimbursed for a blown belt and the Torlon rollers they told me to purchase from CAT, because Yamaha’s replacement rollers were not available.
Hell, if you do not believe what they did last year, I surely won’t list the parts they put on it this year for a Cold start problem I was having. The tech did say I may have a lemon because it was the only one with those 2 problems, and I could not believe the long list of components they changed out.

This year my sled would not cold start without some throttle, and if it did start I had to keep it running by giving it 1/4 throttle. It would not clear up right away, it would take minutes once it got to full operating temp, and then still ran rich!
It now starts 1st time almost every time, like it should.

Let me just say, I wanted a tune but if my sled could not get better mileage, I was going to dump it, because worrying about a gas station when at 80 miles is not where it is at for me.

So once I got better mileage I had bought a tune package from them, since then I have had 3 flashes. Am very happy with the power and mileage of this Max Spool 16.

So again no BS, just some frustration.
And one of the many parts listed on this go around was that 2 dollar fitting on top of the gas tank that you mentioned. I was told that there was no recall on that but they changed it to make sure something else doesn’t act up on my sled...

Last edited:
Yes can be very frustrating at times. I try to distinguish between Yamaha fabricated promises, and dealer performance.

Did not get all that I should have when our 2017 winders were delivered, RR suspensions! I did put in a formal complaint with Yamaha, not against the dealer.

I have got to say, my dealer did what he said they could do. He told me more than once, “Bring it in because you should be getting better mileage”. I did not want my sled in the shop, I bought it to ride, so I waited until mid season and found a rainy Saturday to bring it in. They had it all day, multiple techs working on it. Once done not only did they find the problem, but I got reimbursed for a blown belt and the Torlon rollers they told me to purchase from CAT, because Yamaha’s replacement rollers were not available.
Hell, if you do not believe what they did last year, I surely won’t list the parts they put on it this year for a Cold start problem I was having. The tech did say I may have a lemon because it was the only one with those 2 problems, and I could not believe the long list of components they changed out.

This year my sled would not cold start without some throttle, and if it did start I had to keep it running by giving it 1/4 throttle. It would not clear up right away, it would take minutes once it got to full operating temp, and then still ran rich!
It now starts 1st time almost every time, like it should.

Let me just say, I wanted a tune but if my sled could not get better mileage, I was going to dump it, because worrying about a gas station when at 80 miles is not where it is at for me.

So once I got better mileage I had bought a tune package from them, since then I have had 3 flashes. Am very happy with the power and mileage of this Max Spool 16.

So again no BS, just some frustration.
And one of the many parts listed on this go around was that 2 dollar fitting on top of the gas tank that you mentioned. I was told that there was no recall on that but they changed it to make sure something else doesn’t act up on my sled...
Yea, that’s another thing, I usually have to give mine throttle to start

thats really good to hear about your dealer motorhead - and rare - i always got crap mileage with mine but thats common with me it seems - and my buds are getting about the same - theres alot of little things that yamaha changes as they go - rollers - they say nobodys having issues but me - they imstalled little holes in the 18 top chain gear for lube - fittings, roll over valves r freezing - theres an update but dealers say they dont know what im talking about, it goes on and on. looks like yamahas loosing focus on sleds and dont really care like in the past... id keep that dealer if i were u - mines been at my dealer now , going on 6 weeks... everything u needs on back order. my local dealer dosent even have belts or hyfax.....

Yea, that’s another thing, I usually have to give mine throttle to start

When I brought mine in for the Cold start problem the dam thing started great because of warmer weather. So they did not look into that problem. I went to pick it up days later, and colder weather prevailed Thank God, because when I tried to start my sled which was outside in their lot, it would not start. At that point I got the tech and had him try. He tried many times, but it would only fire on 1 and stall, over and over again, just like I had been experiencing on my last trailering rides. I told him that I could make it run by holding the throttle but it would stall as soon as you let off. He remembered my last years fuel regulator problem and said, yours maybe a lemon!! Ha ha..

Picked it up 2 weeks later(working out of state) and since then, just turn the key! Sweet

Y
thats really good to hear about your dealer motorhead - and rare - i always got crap mileage with mine but thats common with me it seems - and my buds are getting about the same - theres alot of little things that yamaha changes as they go - rollers - they say nobodys having issues but me - they imstalled little holes in the 18 top chain gear for lube - fittings, roll over valves r freezing - theres an update but dealers say they dont know what im talking about, it goes on and on. looks like yamahas loosing focus on sleds and dont really care like in the past... id keep that dealer if i were u - mines been at my dealer now , going on 6 weeks... everything u needs on back order. my local dealer dosent even have belts or hyfax.....

Yeah I hear you. Yamaha really slipped on the Winders, it seemed like Cat had parts and accessories where Yamaha is still struggling for both!!

All this re-engineering at the customers expense makes me want to just dump this sled before all hell breaks loose. I'm really liking that new indy 850 129. Huge step backwards in power but nothing else.

Some of my favorite sleds over the years were Polaris, I feel like they finally have got the train back on the tracks unlike this thread lol. But seriously Polaris has dug themselves out of the ashes after the 900/755 mess. I will be watching closely to how the 850 holds up since they are handing out a 4 year warranty for free. That motor should not be much behind a turbo. If you look at the AM snowmobiler shootout the Polaris 800 is not that much behind a turbo in a 1000', maybe a big deal to the lake guys but for trail guys it would hardly be noticable. I am also going to be watching to see what people say about the ride of the new skid. Sled has the looks that's for sure and the potential is there in the motor and suspension, so it should be fun to watch!

Some of my favorite sleds over the years were Polaris, I feel like they finally have got the train back on the tracks unlike this thread lol. But seriously Polaris has dug themselves out of the ashes after the 900/755 mess. I will be watching closely to how the 850 holds up since they are handing out a 4 year warranty for free. That motor should not be much behind a turbo. If you look at the AM snowmobiler shootout the Polaris 800 is not that much behind a turbo in a 1000', maybe a big deal to the lake guys but for trail guys it would hardly be noticable. I am also going to be watching to see what people say about the ride of the new skid. Sled has the looks that's for sure and the potential is there in the motor and suspension, so it should be fun to watch!

I am keeping my sidewinder again for next year. But also ordered a new XC 850 129" I am not brand loyal at all, and I'll share my opinion good or bad.

Must be a secret!

No not really. Just a long reply to someone who may be having starting issues also. His were not at all what I had going on.

It was a tough one to find. During cold weather it did not want to start and stay running. During warm weather it would start but it may take 2 or 3 tries.

So drop it off at dealer when it was not cold and what do you think happened ? yeah started right up on first try.
Went to pick it up a week later during colder weather at their outside lot, and no go. It would just fire on 1 and stall over and over and over. Needed to give it some throttle and and keep giving it throttle for a long while even after the sled reached 172. And it also ran fat. There are more facts then that but to make a longer story shorter. They checked it and found some codes once plugged in. They replaced injectors, plugs, fuel rail, another fuel regulator, TPS, return line valve on gas tank, and checked other functions! Also received an updated flash while there.

It has never started like it does now, first time almost every time.

Thanks, I was having similar problems starting, I replaced vent elbow seemed to solve the problem but it became warmer out and runs good but the problem was when cold out. Have to wait for inter again

Back