• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TD mod stock mufflers - Power but quiet?

Well I had one and it is not as loud as the Super Quiet. But like I said "" Had One". Still to loud for me on long rides , so back to stock muffler and MS 16 tune .

Well I had one and it is not as loud as the Super Quiet. But like I said "" Had One". Still to loud for me on long rides , so back to stock muffler and MS 16 tune .

Was it the 3" mod stock muffler?

https://turbodynamics.mybigcommerce...turbo-sleds-srx-sidewinder-thundercat-zr9000/

Anyone running the TD mod stock mufflers stage 2 or 3"? Are they quiet enough and a better choise than TD SQ?

There is no better choice than the SQ 2.5, albeit is a tad louder than stock mod muffler. I have run tuned stock muffler, tuned stock mod muffler, tuned SQ, and tuned turboflow. The SQ is the best IMO.

Many running tunes from other venders get an improvement in performance by going to the TD SQ 2.5. For the money, noise, and power, it is very hard to beat!!

There is no better choice than the SQ 2.5, albeit is a tad louder than stock mod muffler. I have run tuned stock muffler, tuned stock mod muffler, tuned SQ, and tuned turboflow. The SQ is the best IMO.

Many running tunes from other venders get an improvement in performance by going to the TD SQ 2.5. For the money, noise, and power, it is very hard to beat!!

Have you also tried the new 3" super mod stock muffler? Maybe equivalent power but quieter than TD 2.5 SQ?

https://turbodynamics.mybigcommerce...turbo-sleds-srx-sidewinder-thundercat-zr9000/

Anyone running the TD mod stock mufflers stage 2 or 3"? Are they quiet enough and a better choise than TD SQ?
Been running the 2.5 inch TD mod muffler and it is quiet enough for trail riding with a bit better performance than stock muffler. I find anything other than the stock modded mufflers to loud for trail, but this is totally personal choice. If you want to take advantage of the higher hp tunes you do need a freer flowing muffler (loud). My TD stock mod muffler comes off on play on the lake days.

FLEECE, what muff did you have on when you got checked by Fish Police in Portage.
Cuz that one wasn't bad at all.
I heard it over mine, but it was not obnoxious

I'm sorry I never measured the outlet. I sent it of to TD they did the mod and I installed it. This would of been the winter of 2000.
what time machine are you using to get a 2000 sidewinder?

FLEECE, what muff did you have on when you got checked by Fish Police in Portage.
Cuz that one wasn't bad at all.
I heard it over mine, but it was not obnoxious
TD SQ 2.5

Last edited:
Have you also tried the new 3" super mod stock muffler? Maybe equivalent power but quieter than TD 2.5 SQ?

No, only the 2.5 mod, hence you may be correct.

I was told by TD the 3" stock mod was 1DB louder than the 2.5" stock mod. The 3" stock mod is recommended if you're around that 270 or higher range, some of the tunes below that the 2.5" should flow fine. He said neither one has been an issue running in Quebec so I must assume they're both fairly quiet.

I just bolted on the the TD 3" Stock Modified Muffler for this year as I'm going to try the TD Jukebox Performance Muffler Tunes as been running the Stock Muffler Tunes the last couple of years. Hope I like the muffler as shouldn't be too loud over stock.

Back