• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TD MS19 VS. MS20 tune

What are you guys seeing for boost on MS 20? I’m running fuel pump, SQ 3 inch, closed loop. I haven’t been on a lake this year to do a super long pull but on a trail pull to 110mph the highest I’ve logged is 19.4psi. No boost leaks last time check (gonna check tonight again) , TB clamp spacers been addressed. Spoke with Mike the other day and he said could be just Map sensor reading slightly different. I’ve just seen any post or video involving MS20 guys are seeing atleast 20 if not more. I don’t see that 19.4 till late in the pull, starts in mid 18’s. Will spike to 24psi when I let off. 2022 SRX

Imo....MS20 runs richer and is LESS susceptible to knock than MS17 or MS19. Sustained long pulls above 10 degrees are no problem at 95 octane with stock exhaust manifold and a big pump. I wouldn't run MAX 19 unless it was 25 degrees or warmer, or unless you ran higher octane.

Where you need a FP and/or even higher octane is when it gets really cold. At -20 on a long pull, with a CAI, stock header, and a good muffler, I've seen 22lbs of boost. When IATs read -5 and you feed the sled a full can of beans, whoever/whatever is on the side of you ..... will disappear!!
Thanks! I was hoping you would chime in.. I knew you run TD stuff and on the bigger tunes at times.. Great info.

What are you guys seeing for boost on MS 20? I’m running fuel pump, SQ 3 inch, closed loop. I haven’t been on a lake this year to do a super long pull but on a trail pull to 110mph the highest I’ve logged is 19.4psi. No boost leaks last time check (gonna check tonight again) , TB clamp spacers been addressed. Spoke with Mike the other day and he said could be just Map sensor reading slightly different. I’ve just seen any post or video involving MS20 guys are seeing atleast 20 if not more. I don’t see that 19.4 till late in the pull, starts in mid 18’s. Will spike to 24psi when I let off. 2022 SRX
I run right at 20, but spikes higher, depends how I get on it but pretty sure I saw 26 spike, usually 24-25. No fuel pump, SQ 3”, 3 bar MAP, Turbosmart BOV, CAI, silicone charge tubes, no closed loop yet but coming when I can afford the extra 1k, pump 94 with a gallon of C16 mixed per tank (8:1 approx), new plugs gapped to .020, Dalton weights at 78.6g I believe, 8” 4th wheel kit, Dayco XTX belt with belt adjust tool. You could definitely be losing boost in factory charge tubes as only rated for 20psi… when I inspected mine before running anything higher than PowerTrail, one tube had two small cracks (1/8” on one and at least 1/4” on opposite side right beside the factory clamps at the connection to the intercooler, the cracks were right at the seams on the side with BOV). Cracks were not all the way through by the look of it, but I’m pretty sure it would have blown through if I ran MaxSpool 20, so you might want to pop that tube off and carefully inspect the seams on that charge tube… the other side charge tube seems to be solid hose and has no seams… that’s all I can think of for you unless your 94 fuel isn’t good, and the closed loop is dialing you back a bit? Closed loop should run closer to the limits because it’s constantly monitoring a/f, while regular MS20 is a tad tamer to prevent too lean knock… I just did my first oil change, installed Precision EFI ez oil change and installed rivnuts on right side belly panel in case I need in there again. I installed 3 Quarts (per manual) of iPone 0W40 which seemed pretty thick, not even close to min fill line, and tipped sled onto clutch side when riding home 1/4 mile thanks to dummies pushing snow banks in front of trail, now have SD 30 alarm and fill cap looks odd to me… hopefully overnight it settled in between min/max lines after adding another half quart? Plus I have to find what’s squeaking at rear of skid after 4th wheel install, track is pretty tight… ‍♂️.

Attachments

• 74493762-8172-4E28-BCB9-02BD085AD3D6.jpeg
    74493762-8172-4E28-BCB9-02BD085AD3D6.jpeg
    146.8 KB · Views: 44
have you got adjustable waste gate... i program mine to run max 17 to 100mph then jumps to 20lbs within a 1.5sec. i see it spool past 17 most times then settles in at 17 till the timer bumps it.

I run right at 20, but spikes higher, depends how I get on it but pretty sure I saw 26 spike, usually 24-25. No fuel pump, SQ 3”, 3 bar MAP, Turbosmart BOV, CAI, silicone charge tubes, no closed loop yet but coming when I can afford the extra 1k, pump 94 with a gallon of C16 mixed per tank (8:1 approx), new plugs gapped to .020, Dalton weights at 78.6g I believe, 8” 4th wheel kit, Dayco XTX belt with belt adjust tool. You could definitely be losing boost in factory charge tubes as only rated for 20psi… when I inspected mine before running anything higher than PowerTrail, one tube had two small cracks (1/8” on one and at least 1/4” on opposite side right beside the factory clamps at the connection to the intercooler, the cracks were right at the seams on the side with BOV). Cracks were not all the way through by the look of it, but I’m pretty sure it would have blown through if I ran MaxSpool 20, so you might want to pop that tube off and carefully inspect the seams on that charge tube… the other side charge tube seems to be solid hose and has no seams… that’s all I can think of for you unless your 94 fuel isn’t good, and the closed loop is dialing you back a bit? Closed loop should run closer to the limits because it’s constantly monitoring a/f, while regular MS20 is a tad tamer to prevent too lean knock… I just did my first oil change, installed Precision EFI ez oil change and installed rivnuts on right side belly panel in case I need in there again. I installed 3 Quarts (per manual) of iPone 0W40 which seemed pretty thick, not even close to min fill line, and tipped sled onto clutch side when riding home 1/4 mile thanks to dummies pushing snow banks in front of trail, now have SD 30 alarm and fill cap looks odd to me… hopefully overnight it settled in between min/max lines after adding another half quart? Plus I have to find what’s squeaking at rear of skid after 4th wheel install, track is pretty tight… ‍♂️.
Thanks for post on MS 20.. Are you running the ROV delete on your sled? The picture of the fill plug with white junk on it is normal. I get that also.. Yours looks a little whiter in color but its normal to see this white slug crap. Its just a little condensation. I never had that code your referring to from tipping sled.. I do know I saw some posts about that in the last few years.. Maybe search it? The oil should be between the fill lines when HOT.. ALWAYS bring sled up to temp every time it gets started if possible.. Guessing you know this already..

Pic looks like allot of condensation in oil tank. White substance looks very watery. I hope you're not "using" coolant (meaning having to add to overflow tank)? Any sign of coolant in oil - ie. does oil level increase over time?

I have TD’s piping as well. I’m gonna do another boost leak test up to 25psi tonight since i have put 900 miles on since I did it last. When you say you see a spike is that when you first take off then it settles to 20. Or when you let off on a hard pull it spikes at the end? I just see a split second of 24psi after I let off

have you got adjustable waste gate... i program mine to run max 17 to 100mph then jumps to 20lbs within a 1.5sec. i see it spool past 17 most times then settles in at 17 till the timer bumps it.
Everything’s factory waste gate wise
This seems wrong.. Blow off valve working properly?
It’s a turbosmart blowoff valve. The spike to 24psi is at the end of the pull, for less then 2 tenths of a second. I will post log soon

Everything’s factory waste gate wise

It’s a turbosmart blowoff valve. The spike to 24psi is at the end of the pull, for less then 2 tenths of a second. I will post log soon
Got you.. It should be spiking to that in the beginning. Then leveling off and staying at 20 IMO..

Got you.. It should be spiking to that in the beginning. Then leveling off and staying at 20 IMO..
F1619B88-BFD5-4B85-A07F-912BCDCC5281.png
Here’s a screenshot of log. Sorry I didn’t mean to hijack the thread just saw info about MS20 figured I’d get some boost numbers

Thats normal when letting off, the boost spikes a wee bit before BOV opens. See it in all logs.

Back