• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TD tunes and HP ratings.

Motorhead

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 SW LTX-LE
Saw a reply on a post yesterday, it was a copy and paste from TD’s Facebook. It listed the tunes and hp ratings.
Want to know what the sm tunes put out. On that post reply the sm-eco was 240, and the sm-Powertrail was 250 hp.

I now have the TD Eco tune for modded stock muffler @ 245 hp, next step with that msm is Powertrail for 262 hp.

I had heard 260hp for the sm Powertrail from another, and wondering what it really is ?

Where to for that listed info?

There must be a bit of a gap between SM PT and PT with SQ. I ran PT with SQ for most of the winter and achieved 126mph on multiple occasions. However, on my last trip North 2 weeks ago, I put the stock muffler on and Ben sent me the PT SM map to go along with it, and I could only achieve 119. Mind you, I should have lightened the weights a bit, but definitely lost power judging by my seat dyno feel. Stock muffler too restrictive for big power.

There must be a bit of a gap between SM PT and PT with SQ. I ran PT with SQ for most of the winter and achieved 126mph on multiple occasions. However, on my last trip North 2 weeks ago, I put the stock muffler on and Ben sent me the PT SM map to go along with it, and I could only achieve 119. Mind you, I should have lightened the weights a bit, but definitely lost power judging by my seat dyno feel. Stock muffler too restrictive for big power.
MAX 16 SM is noticeably faster than PT SM. I haven't ridden one with a free flowing exhaust to compare though.

Thanks for the replies, but does anyone know the HP ratings for theses tunes, as seen on that post that I spoke of ? All tunes were in ascending order.
TD had a list of tunes with HP,octane needs, etc.before the SM tunes came out. I have that one saved.

Thanks for the replies, but does anyone know the HP ratings for theses tunes, as seen on that post that I spoke of ? All tunes were in ascending order.
TD had a list of tunes with HP,octane needs, etc.before the SM tunes came out. I have that one saved.
TD with SQ is 265, and while note 100% certain, I think PT with SM is 250ish

From TD website:
Map options are:

-Stock Arctic Cat or Yamaha

-Ecotrail and cold air intakes variations (240-255hp)

-Powertrail , Cold air intake variations, Version for Stock exhaust (260-270HP)

- Max Spool 16 for stock exhaust (255hp+) Most powerful stock exhaust tune on the market.

-Max Pump 17 psi (91-94 octane 275-280HP)

Max Spool 17 (91 octane+ 285HP+) 3 bar upgrade required

- Max Spool 19 (300HP) (fuel pump upgrade required and 3 bar upgrade)

-Max spool 20 (300HP) 3 bar upgrade required

-Full race map (22-30psi) 330+ With fuel pump upgrade and 3 bar upgrade

http://turbodynamics.mybigcommerce....wertrail-maxpump-option-for-td-flasher-cable/

Last edited:
so the max spool 17 is a 91 octane tune? has anyone seen any knock with this running 91 right from the pump?

I will also add that I know someone(not dynotech) who dyno'd a Winder with TD powertrail with modified stock muffler at 255

Thanks Buckeye, I tried many times to find that. So that does state 260 - 270 for the SM Powertrail / cold air variations. And 255+ for the Max 16 stock exhaust.

So I presume 250 for Powertrail with stock exhaust and no CAI, as was stated on sundays post that I could not find again from TD Facebook page, copy and pasted!!

I will also add that I know someone(not dynotech) who dyno'd a Winder with TD powertrail with modified stock muffler at 255

Yeah I expect a % variance from sled to sled for sure. They won’t all run the same exact numbers.

Not yet but most of the time I use 93.
OK maybe you are the one I should ask than. I have CAI and sandale 3" flowmaster and want the max 17 tune,but can I run it on 93 WO runs,like fleecer is,i just don't know what muffler he or you have,do you think this tune will overboost with 3" on?

OK maybe you are the one I should ask than. I have CAI and sandale 3" flowmaster and want the max 17 tune,but can I run it on 93 WO runs,like fleecer is,i just don't know what muffler he or you have,do you think this tune will overboost with 3" on?

Pete,
I hope someone else chimes in and answers, but I'll throw in my 5 cents if I may. IMO....the answer to your question lies in how long you hold it wot? Trail riding with a snap here and there will run on 91. Rr bed running with a wot pull 3000 feet fine on 93 as long as conditions are hard. I wouldn't hold it as long if i were and in 4 feet of snow climbing a mountain.

Holding 1 mile or more I like to be 95 or higher to be safe. Time is as important as distance in my opinion. Holding it for a mile on the ice is less detrimental than 1/2 mile in 4ft of powder.

Now let's talk mufflers as I have 3; stock mod muffler, turbo dynamics super quiet, and OSP racing which is similar to the turbo dynamics turboflow muffler. In my opinion, the turbo dynamics super quiet muffler is the best all-around muffler one can buy. Although the turboflow Muffler makes more power, the difference is negligible. Going from 277 horse to 285 horse is barely noticeable when you are at these horsepower levels. In my opinion, there are more gains to be had in clutching and gearing than from switching from muffler to muffler. Is a high flowing exhaust faster?? Absolutely, but when trail riding, in my opinion, not worth the extra noise.

Had my SQ on the other day and pulled up to gas station with no snow in the parking lot to supress the noise. Two Wardens were fueling side by side when I arrived. One asked me, "How's it going??" I replied, "Stupendous...how you doing Sir!!" They couldn't tell......TD calls it Super Quiet for a reason!!!

Just my personal opinions.....I represent no one but myself here. Please inquire with your favorite tuner for verification.:Rockon:

Last edited:
Pete,
I hope someone else chimes in and answers, but I'll throw in my 5 cents if I may. IMO....the answer to your question lies in how long you hold it wot? Trail riding with a snap here and there will run on 91. Rr bed running with a wot pull 3000 feet fine on 93 as long as conditions are hard. I wouldn't hold it as long if i were and in 4 feet of snow climbing a mountain.

Holding 1 mile or more I like to be 95 or higher to be safe. Time is as important as distance in my opinion. Holding it for a mile on the ice is less detrimental than 1/2 mile in 4ft of powder.

Now let's talk mufflers as I have 3; stock mod muffler, turbo dynamics super quiet, and OSP racing which is similar to the turbo dynamics turboflow muffler. In my opinion, the turbo dynamics super quiet muffler is the best all-around muffler one can buy. Although the turboflow Muffler makes more power, the difference is negligible. Going from 277 horse to 285 horse is barely noticeable when you are at these horsepower levels. In my opinion, there are more gains to be had in clutching and gearing than from switching from muffler to muffler. Is a high flowing exhaust faster?? Absolutely, but when trail riding, in my opinion, not worth the extra noise.

Had my SQ on the other day and pulled up to gas station with no snow in the parking lot to supress the noise. Two Wardens were fueling side by side when I arrived. One asked me, "How's it going??" I replied, "Stupendous...how you doing Sir!!" They couldn't tell......TD calls it Super Quiet for a reason!!!

Just my personal opinions.....I represent no one but myself here. Please inquire with your favorite tuner for verification.:Rockon:
Thanks Fleecer,i don't have a choice on muffler,it is what came in my kit from Ulmer,well he asked which one I wanted,but mine is not as bad as you would think,ya at 9000 rpms on a driveby,it may sound louder than stock for sure,but even in cement garage floor,its not crazy loud at all,so given that I can only have woody,s down load one tune,because I cant afford the bundle,which I understand would be the best way to go,but I just don't have that option.So is your max 17 the quick spool or the other max 17 tune? Funny thing one of them requires 91-94 and the other just 91,but I general I run 93 always,plus carry Torco and lucas,when I have lucas,and I have extra 2 gal. of 93 in tail bag and belt.

Back