• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Team Fast 136" M20 - 2011+ Apex XTX (Version 2.0)

Ok...back to business!

Air compressor and all the air lines are installed. As mentioned earlier, my buddy opted out of the front shocks, but I made provisions in the plumbing to quickly add them if he changes his mind in the future. For now, there is just a #4 JIC cap sealing off the port that would supply air to the ski shocks.

I also have a good start on the wiring.

20170726_100356.jpg
20170726_100426.jpg
20170726_100441.jpg
20170726_100946.jpg

Ok...back to business!

Air compressor and all the air lines are installed. As mentioned earlier, my buddy opted out of the front shocks, but I made provisions in the plumbing to quickly add them if he changes his mind in the future. For now, there is just a #4 JIC cap sealing off the port that would supply air to the ski shocks.

I also have a good start on the wiring.

View attachment 129245 View attachment 129246 View attachment 129247 View attachment 129248

I feel so inadequate when I read your stuff.. so prefect and precise. WOW.

I apologize, again, for the delay in posting on project 2.0. I had to take some time off for a vacation, but I've also been working on another Apex, that I'm calling version 2.5, with my good friend, Viper Dave!

More to come on this soon, so stay tuned! ;)!

Last edited:
Big thank you to Northernsledder for all the work that he put in to get my sled setup for an Airwave M20. EVERYTHING he's fabricated looks factory. I'm thinking he should patent his stuff and let the Fast people mass produce them. I'm really excited to ride the old warhorse this year !

What, Viper Dave gets this Beauty? I really didn't know it was Dave's sled.

Joe please install a rear 5 mph energy absorbing bumper as well. LOL

Hope your both having a great summer

No Mark, that's not my sled. THIS is my sled, before and after.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    300.8 KB · Views: 293
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    170 KB · Views: 323
Like I said a BEAUTY

Big thank you to Northernsledder for all the work that he put in to get my sled setup for an Airwave M20. EVERYTHING he's fabricated looks factory. I'm thinking he should patent his stuff and let the Fast people mass produce them. I'm really excited to ride the old warhorse this year !
Thank you, Dave! It was a great weekend! I was happy to help and be involved with working on your sled. ;)!

I feel personally responsible for making sure you are happy with your system and that it performs as intended.

Last edited:
Dave that's an Apex, could swear I 'hit' a Nytro did you get another sled?

You DID hit a Nytro. Mine. I've got a Nytro, an Apex, and a Venture. Been hit by various individuals on all 3 !! You were just the latest .

VERSION 2.0 - UPDATED TO VERSION 2.5

When I first started this project, my main goal was to build a hybrid rear bracket that accepts the billet aluminum mounting blocks supplied by TF. I was able to achieve this goal, but it bothers me that you have to physically spread the tunnel apart, 1/4" on each side, to fit the skid in place. You can literally hear all the aluminum parts creak as they're flexing apart. This makes me cringe, as it HAS to put unnecessary stress on the chassis! :eek:

As I geared up to help Viper Dave with his installation, I wondered, "Is there really a need to mimic the exact profile of a factory bracket...maybe I can narrow-up my brackets and the billet blocks 1/4" on each side?" In theory, this would allow the skid to fit in place, without having to spread the tunnel apart...Hmmm! ;) So...I started over with new brackets and used 1/4" thick material, verses 1/2" thick on the original. I then trimmed the blocks so there was only 1/4" of raised material, verses 1/2" in stock form.

Note* You can't go any less than 1/4", or the M20 rear arm bolts will make contact with the tunnel (pictured below).

The big day to help Dave finally arrived and we installed my updated rear brackets onto his sled. We then fit his skid in place and everything lined up perfectly, without having to spread the tunnel! WOO-HOO! :) I then decided to go back and re-work the first sled, which I've had all summer, to the the newer 2.5 version. ;)!

FA129.jpg
FA128.jpg
FA131.jpg
FA122.jpg
FA126.jpg
FA127.jpg
FA124.jpg
FA123.jpg
FA125.jpg
FA130.jpg

Last edited:
I just completed a small bracket to secure the line for the front air spring. This is the exact same setup I used on my old 151" M10 and never had a single issue. A Fox hand pump will be needed to inflate this shock...for now! ;) I already have ideas on how to connect this shock into the onboard air system, but that will have to wait until project 3.0 begins next summer. LOL!

Time for powder coat! ;)!

20170815_195147.jpg
20170815_195335.jpg

Last edited:
Modified battery bracket is assembled and a new battery had to be installed; the original gave it up.

Wiring is complete and temporarily connected for a system test. All is good! Now I need to remove the harness and cover it with flex loom.

As of right now, I should have this sled completed by the weekend. ;)!

20170821_045745.jpg
20170821_063328.jpg

Back