• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Team Fast 136" M20 - Apex LTX / Attak, Vector LTX

Redbeard

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 Apex, 136 M20, PB80
2008 Vector, 136 M20, PB80
APEX LTX / ATTAK, VECTOR LTX:

This particular thread covers the installation of a Team Fast 136" M20 on my 2008 Vector LTX. The following illustrations would also apply to a 2006 - 2010 Apex LTX / Attak

This is a custom installation that involves altering some chassis features that are not represented by Team Fast. The only items I use are the suspension and the dimensions to mount it. For those interested in an M20, please follow the instructions included for your particular sled.

Spring 2016:

2010 was my first winter with a Team Fast suspension. I converted my 136" Vector into a long(er) 151" track, using an M10 W2 air skid, which is designed for Mountain / deep snow riding. "Wow" was my response and I rode that skid for 6 winters. I recently decided to convert the sled back to a 136" track and focus on trail riding, which is what I now do almost 100% of the time. The original 136" mono suspension, however, had been re-assigned to my 2004 RX Warrior (link at very bottom of this post). Since I had successfully used an M20 in my 2012 Apex XTX for the previous 3 seasons, an additional M20 for this sled was an easy decision.

The LTX / Attak sleds have a slightly different tunnel than the 2011+ Apex, so I started this build thread to show the differences in installation between the two sleds.

Again, this thread also applies to a 2006 - 2010 Apex LTX / Attak.

Apex XTX M20 installation:
http://www.ty4stroke.com/threads/team-fast-m20-apex-xtx.119161/

Here's a link to another M20 installation by Dusty Dan on his Vector: http://www.ty4stroke.com/threads/vector-upgrades-m20-curve-skis-assault-shocks.138643/

045.jpg
151 M10 W2 air.jpg

That's my dad standing with the Vector back in December 2013 on trail 3 just south of Houghton.
415.jpg

This was our first TY ride!

RX Warrior build:
http://www.ty4stroke.com/threads/20...graded-to-136-mono-and-much-much-more.138024/

Last edited:

I came home for a cup of coffee this afternoon and found a package at my front door!

I CAN'T WAIT! :Rockon:

20160406_141531.jpg

Congrats Joe, it's a fun job. Enjoy!

I forgot to mention that I received the same rear arm brackets that came with your skid! This is a huge plus and will make installation a breeze!

20160406_163609.jpg

The Vector is out of the barn and prepped for surgery. In addition to the M20, there are several other items on the update list as well:

1. All new front end bushings
2. Newer A-arms with grease zerks
3. Sending the front shocks in for a re-fresh
4. Replacing the Pilot 6.9's with USI Triple threat

VR01.jpg
VR04.jpg
VR05.jpg
VR06.jpg
VR07.jpg

Last edited:
I decided to get started on rebuilding the front end first. The ski shocks are needing rebuilt and I want to send them up to Fast with my Apex M20 shocks at the same time. I'll have to fabricate some square tubes to take place of the shocks for the time being, but at least I'll be able to re-assemble the front end and get the jack over to the Apex for its shock removal.

Wow! Time and use is becoming evident on this sled! The ski spindles are rusty and the spindle housings are chipped and needing a fresh powder coat. The ski bolt bushings are completely shot and the steering tie rod ends above the exhaust header are sloppy. No wonder this sled wouldn't track right last winter! Long story short; I have not paid enough attention to this sled for some time.

I have a nice set of front arms with grease zerks that are getting installed. The powder coated finish is like new, so they'll be able to go straight on without any additional work.

I also found time to hang some new Yamaha shop decor! :Rockon:

...stay tuned!

VR14.jpg
VR15.jpg
VR11.jpg
VR12.jpg
VR17.jpg
VR13.jpg
VR16.jpg

Last edited:
As always...you are doing an awesome job not only of performing the upgrades but documenting the process for the rest of us to follow along!

(feeling inadequate in my fabrication abilities) :(

When I send in my M-20 shocks for a rebuild I will ask for a little more compression dampening. It's that or fewer cheeseburgers. I'm going to try the shocks first....

It's that or fewer cheeseburgers. I'm going to try the shocks first....
I like your plan of attack! ;)!

I have not had time to touch the Vector in a month, but some parts have trickled in: bushings, tie rod ends, solenoids, relays and Deutsch connectors!

Resized_20160605_074144.jpeg

I finally caught a few evenings this week to work on the Vector again. The front end is re-assembled with all new bushings. Here is a link for changing the ski bolt bushings:

http://www.ty4stroke.com/threads/rx-rs-diy-ski-spindle-bushing-replacement.142005/

Now it's time to remove the 151" skid and start the process of installing the M20. I'm still undecided on a track, but it's decision time!

Stay tuned!

VR35.jpg
VR34.jpg
VR33.jpg
VR32.jpg
VR31.jpg
VR36.jpg
VR29.jpg

All of the custom made 151" mounting brackets are removed. Fast sends universal brackets for this, but I prefer to make my own. Now I can begin making the new brackets for the M20 front arm.

VR46.jpg
VR47.jpg
VR45.jpg
VR44.jpg
VR43.jpg

Back