• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Temperature Gauge-recommended

bottlerocket said:
Snowmobileaddict said:
I like running one. Its good to know if its time to dip off the trail and get into some powder to cool things down some.

My analog setup came in at right around $55

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... sc&start=0

]

looks good how did you mount that in the pad?

The gauge body is the exact same thickness as the handlebar pad mounting foam. I just used a 1.5" hole saw and cut the foam and took a razor to the pad cover.

You can see my temp gauge just above my reverse lever in my sig pic. It's a Daytona digital gauge. Mounted it with a lot a of Snowmobile Addict's help via pm's, lol. Thx again Buddy!!!

I know the vertical hose on an apex is 1 inch (26 mm). Not sure, but I think the horizontal is the same

Attachments

• DSC01086.JPG
    DSC01086.JPG
    231.9 KB · Views: 178
sleddog66 said:
I know the vertical hose on an apex is 1 inch (26 mm). Not sure, but I think the horizontal is the same

Is that OD or ID? The fitting on my RX-1 is stamped 22mm and I believe it is the ID because I bought the wrong one on my first try.

OK I got all my parts, but looking to put the hose "T" in the hose, on top of the head,(between the head and thermostat housing) will cause the thermostat housing to be pushed out at least 1" from where it sets now, into the side body panel. On my '12 Apex, it is already touching the foam, on the side panel, and I think that if I cut that hose and then place the T in there it will be touching the side panel and/or causing the panel to be bulged out. The distance between the pipes and the housing is 1.9" and my T is 2.75". I see that it is "recommended" there, but are there any issues with placing it in the downspout, near the "idiot" light sending unit. I see that somebody posted that it won't read once the "thermostat closes", but that would be working opposite to any thermostat I've ever seen, as they usually "open" once heat is put to them. They are initially closed to allow the motor to heat up, and then they open to circulate coolant.
Is anybody else running their gauge in the down tube hose w/o any issues?

Mine works great in the vertical line. I have double checked accuracy with a infared thermometer, and seems good. Also, the one time that my overheat light popped on(low icy snow condition), it was very close to the temp that the light pops on.....can't remember now what temp that is, but I looked it up at the time. Anyway, mine works great in the vertical. See picture above in post. ;)!

Mine works good there (pictured on first page) and I just wrapped a little insulating foil tape around the hose where it is close to the oil tank to prevent any rubbing issues.

I installed the Daytona digital temperature gauge that Ulmer Racing sells. It includes the tee for the sender which should be spliced into the horizontal hose behind the thermostat housing.

Attachments

• DSC00996.JPG
    DSC00996.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 195
  • DSC00998.JPG
    DSC00998.JPG
    151.6 KB · Views: 206

Back