• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Testing with TD GPS/Dragy

I backed that run up with an almost identical run. 2000' was .1 faster @ 126.4 mph.
Wow,wish now I had waited to get my 42/36 from what you showed me,did you ever have there straight 38 stm I mean,it would be cool to see how that one is cut vrs the stock angle. Those numbers are awesome,great work brother..

Wow,wish now I had waited to get my 42/36 from what you showed me,did you ever have there straight 38 stm I mean,it would be cool to see how that one is cut vrs the stock angle. Those numbers are awesome,great work brother..
Thanks Pete, never had the 38. STM must measure differently cause that 42-36 is way steeper than the Dalton 41-37.

I was able to get out for a quick ride and try the red ulmer spring wrapped at 9-1. Mid to top end had wicked grab n go, low end could use a bit more helix to make it snappier but not bad by any means. Im curious to see DCMTurbo findings if he decides to try the red spring. My secondary was still warm though (1.6 ice cobra track)
Overall my favorite spring so far.

I was able to get out for a quick ride and try the red ulmer spring wrapped at 9-1. Mid to top end had wicked grab n go, low end could use a bit more helix to make it snappier but not bad by any means. Im curious to see DCMTurbo findings if he decides to try the red spring. My secondary was still warm though (1.6 ice cobra track)
Overall my favorite spring so far.
I'm going to try it on Friday. I may go to 6-3 on it first.

Not sure if ulmer's red is same as cat but the cat's tangs are clocked differently. Some use 9/1 or 0/2 to get desired wind.

Not sure if ulmer's red is same as cat but the cat's tangs are clocked differently. Some use 9/1 or 0/2 to get desired wind.
Ulmer told me to wrap it 9-1, 6-3 feels a little softer but I'll keep 0-2 in mind also. I'm pretty sure it's a cat spring, it's tangs are different for sure.

Ulmer told me to wrap it 9-1, 6-3 feels a little softer but I'll keep 0-2 in mind also. I'm pretty sure it's a cat spring, it's tangs are different for sure.
Yes,last year it came in my kit with 38 stm helix and blk/pink primary spring and stm ramps,and he told me to wrap it 0-1 for 10 degrees,i think the tangs are different vrs Yamaha,but close to Dalton o/blk secondary.

Mother Nature decided to give us a couple mild days and now the track is glare ice. So now I can't hookup at all but I did manage to run my best top speed yet. I tried max17 today on pump gas with no knock and ran 127.2 @ 2000' and ran it through @ 128.3. My track and stud setup needs an inch or 2 of snow to help with traction. Pretty confident if I can get it to hook I'll be in the 130s. Hoping to hit 130 at the 2000' mark. This with a 1.25 track and 22/41 gearing.
image.jpeg

I only did a couple quick passes on max 17 and still need to do some fine tuning.

Now the fun is over and back to work for 2 weeks.

Last edited:
Had some fun on the lake today.

22/41 gearing
stock 1.25 track with 192 megabites
Dalton DTYA1s
Ulmer pink primary spring
41/35 Dalton helix
Dalton black orange at 3-3

Pretty much spent the day dialing in the weight for TD Max 17. I had a hard time hooking up as the track was glare ice.
Ran 123.3 in 1320'
129.2 in 2000'
131.4 in 2300' roughly
GPS speeds.

I made a good 15 passes, I could hold my hands on the clutches at any time. My offset is 60.65mm.

Time to gear up and go to a 1" fully clipped track with better studs for next year.

Do you trail ride with your gear and clutching set up as you listed above?
Are the clutches and belt staying cool running the trails from 40-100 plus mph repeatedly for 50 miles?
I like your report on setup and speed.

Do you trail ride with your gear and clutching set up as you listed above?
Are the clutches and belt staying cool running the trails from 40-100 plus mph repeatedly for 50 miles?
I like your report on setup and speed.

Yes I trail ride my sled exactly how it is setup. I just came back from a trip and I checked my clutches once the first day, they were cool. Didn't see the need to check them again.

Thanks.
Good to hear about a setup that works with big power for trail riding.

Derek,
Dalton #1 comes with up to 81grams. You close to or at that.
Rpms dropping down or holding 8900/9000

Dalton black orange at 3-3.....recall??

Derek,
Dalton #1 comes with up to 81grams. You close to or at that.
Rpms dropping down or holding 8900/9000

Dalton black orange at 3-3.....recall??

When I have good traction it comes out of the hole at 85-8600 then climbs to 88-8900 and holds. Black orange wrapped at 3-3. I'm around 78 grams in the DTYA1s.

Great series of posts. Good info and everyone stays on topic. A real pleasure!! Btw. I have been running the 41/35 for a month with Dalton DTY-1 @ 77.6, black/org@ 6/1. Black/blue primary

Back