• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Testing with TD GPS/Dragy

Y
I'm currently running Ulmers stage 2 with TD powertrail flash Super quiet exhaust and cold air intake I've never used dalton weights but from all that reports I've seen they work very well especially in flashed sleds. I have a blk/blue dalton primary spring and blk/org secondary spring I also have a 42/36 helix and red secondary spring along with a 33/35 helix. All I need is weights what weights do I need since if I remember correctly there's 3 options? Where's the best place to buy them in the US? Thanks and it's great to see some great results. Winter in Maine is hanging on couple weeks ago I thought it was about over not the case had some of the best riding this weekend around the ft Kent area hoping to make at least 2 or 3 more trips. Ride safe everyone

You'll want DTYA1s.

I thought you were running the STM ramps,that come with stage 2 kit? If you want Dalton ramps just go on his site,and call him,or e-mail him and he will set you up. Or do mean between the different types for power levels,QAY or DTYA heavier base ramp for higher hp tunes.
Yeah I'm running STM weights currently but they are very close to the stock weight profile so thinking I may try some Dalton weights with their more aggressive profile and I like the idea of making adjustments without taking the clutch apart. I know they have a couple different base weight setups just wanna make sure to get the right setup for my power level. Also where to buy would be great or who sells dalton products in the U.S. may try a couple different helixes but will try out the ones I have first. Thanks

Yeah I'm running STM weights currently but they are very close to the stock weight profile so thinking I may try some Dalton weights with their more aggressive profile and I like the idea of making adjustments without taking the clutch apart. I know they have a couple different base weight setups just wanna make sure to get the right setup for my power level. Also where to buy would be great or who sells dalton products in the U.S. may try a couple different helixes but will try out the ones I have first. Thanks
I just went on Dalton website,and called Dale,sometimes you get him,and others you get his wife,she is very smart and knows how to order and send what you ask for,i ordered mine yesterday and received them today,that was from new Brunswick to maine in one day,they are just awesome to do business with. So E-mail dale at e-mail addy on site,as dale reply,s quicker from his mail.

What tune are you currently running? PT,max 16,max17 EVO stage 4?

I made the switch from STMs to the Daltons. You won't regret it! Super easy to make adjustments.

I have tried a few different helixes including some reverse angle helixes. I keep resorting back to the stock straight 35. I recently just tried a 41/37 and pulled it off 50km into trip, lol. Noticed it robbed most of bottom end snap and being an aggressive trail rider, I didn't like that at all. Max 17 tune, Dalton DTYA 1, GN/BLK primary, cat Red/White secondary .

Lusemeat,
Do you run your dtya1's empty?

Personally I'd recommend the TS BOV once you pass about 15 psi....many stock BOV leak...at various different levels of boost....whats another $150US in the grand scheme of things lol

I found that while the SM max spool 16 calls for 16.8 boost i was unable to get over 15.5 with the stock BOV. I now have the TS BOV but yet to run with it.

Might of went out for the last good trail ride of the year today. I’ll never get over how much fun a turbo sled is. My buddy with his 800 Pro S was happy to see 115 on the speedo. (Packed snow on the lake) well when we hit the next lake I looked over at him and gave him the nod lol. I put bus lengths on him instantly. Then let off and he buzzed by me wfo...I got back into it and passed him at 137mph on the speedo (134 GPS) like he was standing still. Max 17, pure 91, running at the end of my trail gears

I found that while the SM max spool 16 calls for 16.8 boost i was unable to get over 15.5 with the stock BOV. I now have the TS BOV but yet to run with it.

Just had the SM max spool 16 flash installed.
I am at 15.9 with stock BOV.
Put 400 miles on it between yesterday and today. Big difference from last flash(eco-trail) for modded muffler. Every time I checked it, it maxed out at 15.9.

Are you sure About that 16.8?
Wow it goes really good as is but 1 more PSI means 8-10 more Hp. Shall have to install a new BOV next season!

Last edited:
I was wondering the same thing while running the Hurricane tune. I felt like it might not be holding the pressure.

Might of went out for the last good trail ride of the year today. I’ll never get over how much fun a turbo sled is. My buddy with his 800 Pro S was happy to see 115 on the speedo. (Packed snow on the lake) well when we hit the next lake I looked over at him and gave him the nod lol. I put bus lengths on him instantly. Then let off and he buzzed by me wfo...I got back into it and passed him at 137mph on the speedo (134 GPS) like he was standing still. Max 17, pure 91, running at the end of my trail gears
Amen.

Pure 91 octane on a Max 17?

Man that winder really rocks. Very impressive for packed snow and not ice!
Gearing, clutching and exhaust type?

Pure 91 octane on a Max 17?

Man that winder really rocks. Very impressive for packed snow and not ice!
Gearing, clutching and exhaust type?

Filled up at the Esso this morning with 91. Zero knock all day. Lakes were fast. Still hardpacked snow...but about as good as it gets without being plowed ice. Was about +2 C. Was the first time my buddies pro s was able to get past 112 on the speedo. I’ve got mine working pretty good. I run dalton up front. STM tuner. I’ve tried a bunch of different gear choices. Today was 21/38. Should note this is Max 17. Not the max spool 17. I have all the flashes and have run from PT to full race. Sometimes even I wonder why I need more than max 17. It pulls hard.

Back