• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

The bad IDLE issue finally revealed...

Mtn-Track

Extreme
As I've posted before, I've had my '07 Vector in the shop on several occasions to deal with "ghost" idle issues. The sled would either idle at 4000rpm or run at 5-600RPM for a few seconds then quit. No sweet spot, just way too high with track creep or she outright quits. Carbs had been cleaned and synchronized but the problem remained.

Well, it's back in the shop. After doing the usual cleaning, sync, and vacuum leak checks again, nothing solved the issue. We took a full set of carbs off another sled that ran fine, but the problem remained. None of the district rep's had an answer.

FINALLY we got the answer from one of Yami's lead test/tuning technicians. These engines are used in a variety of sleds and they have a "fixed" timing advance curve in the ECU's for the specific sled application. When combined with the sensors, sometimes they are spot-on, sometimes they aren't. Mine is one of the few that's on the edge and will start to advance the timing just over about 1000rpm. The only possibility of a fix is to swap over an ECU from a Venture with a slightly different timing curve, but the Vector top-end will take a hit.

In the end, with some fine tuning, the best we can get is an idle at 3800rpm that will eventually creep down below 1000rpm after about 15 seconds. If you blip the throttle, the process starts again. It will be a fact-of-life.

So if you've been chasing this problem with carbs to no avail, now you know! :drink: :drink: :drink:

I have to believe you but, something just doesn't sound rite. Are there that many units with this problem? Happy Holidays.

My 07 venture has same problem. Idle Rpms will creep up to about 2600. If you adjust idle down it will creep up again. Sled runs great otherwise. Good power and economy.

Back