• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

The best upgrade to my vipers ever made

Yamadog

Lifetime Member
Well after more than twenty years of walking like a duck and riding mainly in a locked in position due to back and hip problems I finally got my right (first) hip replacement last night. After 16 hr's there is no pain nothing but Tylenol and I touched my toes for the first time in 15 years. I was forced to take last year off from riding because I could no longer straddle the seat but now I am able to spread my legs to over 60 degs. 2 nd hip in 4 weeks I will be ready for this season look out 10,000 miles and every drag race this season.

PS my doctor rides a skidoo ace I said I would take him this winter and show him the light - look Yamaha here comes another believer! :sled1:

Great to hear, and well in advance of the season too! My buddy got his replaced less than a month before a Michigan Trip. He must have been in good shape as his recovery was fast and he was amazed at the lack of pain. The pain he was living with daily.

Quick recovery! Good luck!

Congrats Yamadog on the hip upgrades!

Thanks guys the first went without a hitch 2nd is July 8th by August I should be a new man.

Any of you doo guys listening in lookout -I'm back -

Sounds to me that you guys are hard core. Looking to replace parts to shed total weight of sled and rider! LOL
Those are feel good story’s!

Hang in there Yamadog. I had a few surgeries done myself last year (knee replacement and open heart surgery). It sucked that I couldn't ride during the best snowmobiling season in the last 15 years in my area while I was on the mend, but like you said, you'll be a new man.

Look at the bright side.....you'll be going thought the TSA "Special Line" whenever you fly with your new Bionic parts while the other saps are waiting in the regular lines:)

Just remember.....Boost is your friend.

Thanks guys it is amazing 1 week 2 days and swelling 95% gone no pain just retraining my mind that the leg now works. Did more reps in the gym last couple of days than last 5years. Want to run the I 500 now have to lobby for turbos for cripples! :sled1:or buy back my 14 pro r. :sled2:

Thanks guys it is amazing 1 week 2 days and swelling 95% gone no pain just retraining my mind that the leg now works. Did more reps in the gym last couple of days than last 5years. Want to run the I 500 now have to lobby for turbos for cripples! :sled1:or buy back my 14 pro r. :sled2:
Easy killer...…Good to hear fast recovery ! I too have had some new "chassis" parts installed over the last couple years, two shoulder surgeries and intense rehab have me in my 50's benching more than I did at 30 …. a great feeling for sure good luck.

good for u yamahadog------had a hip and a right knee done plus open heart surgery
ride that APEX like it's stolen
nice to see a fellow heart surgery dude out there riding!!! i was a little scared at first but came around quickly. i just need to be a more careful becauise i am on blood thinners. I still love it and almost nothing keeps me from the trails.

Heart attack and 5 way bypass 5 yrs. ago this October. 1 week postoperative I was at the Milwaukee Snow show. 7 weeks later I went back to work cleared by my Dr. to ride. I was PISSED at the possibility of not riding the winter of 15.

Heart attack and 5 way bypass 5 yrs. ago this October. 1 week postoperative I was at the Milwaukee Snow show. 7 weeks later I went back to work cleared by my Dr. to ride. I was PISSED at the possibility of not riding the winter of 15.
i had a valve replacement in march 2010. Back riding the following winter. Once i got on my first trail and realized everything works fine i was grinning from ear to ear! back doing what i love.

Back