• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

The Good Old Days Sledding

VX1R

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Ordered: 2025 SW LTX-LE Final Edition
Current Riders:
2018 SW LTX-LE
2002 SRX Custom
Rough Trail: 2023 Lynx Xterrian 900TurboR
Vintage Riders:
1980 Enticer 300 Twin
1986 Inviter
1998 Phazer Mt. Lite
1996 Phazer Mt. Lite Mod
I'm wondering how many TY members grew up in this era learning how to ride and groovin' out to this tune.....

I'm one who did.

I scrolled down to comment and some one already mentioned what I was gonna say .. Sounds Canadian to me..

My Father has a '76 Yamaha Exciter.. One of the few times I got to take it out.. one night about -10F I had my $29.00 Open face Motorcycle helmet on with a big bubble face shield that snaps on with 5 snaps..

A day or two later all the skin on my face turned brown and peeled off.. Not a sun burn .. I froze my face so hard the skin died..
Skiing Deep Powder in UT the powder would burn the skin on your face and neck .. and you had to keep your mouth shut.. Powder in the lungs really burns..

So I bought a Neck gator in 1983 that I still use I need to look for a back up .. I bought one once for my Uncle for Christmas and mailed it to him in AK

Last edited:
I had the 440 ElTigre and loved it!
I also remember and loved the song!
So count me in

did not hear it until i was an adult but is is a favorite up there with a local groups song little skidoo. loved that one as a kid.

This is what started it all for me. Pinned the throttle, flew off the back on my first ever ride in a field and been hooked ever since.

Attachments

• 4A20477E-7895-4A2C-9112-D9ED339C44B2.jpeg
    4A20477E-7895-4A2C-9112-D9ED339C44B2.jpeg
    129 KB · Views: 208
If you grew up partial to a Ski Doo than this one is for you.....

Back