• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

The Good Old Days Sledding

1974 johnson goldenghost with reverse! Loved those care free days as A kid

I knew a 76 Year old Preacher who had a Jonson.. He had bad knee wore a brace .. so walking 1/2 to his Fishing Shanty was not a Good Idea.. He had Johnson he would fire up in his Garage so loud so much Blue smoke .. He would throw it into reverse and back out of his garage.. and off he would go.. He could pull his dark house with it too..
I did not have a snowmobile but I studded the tires on my Motorcycle so I could ride it on the Lake ..

One of my favorite videos, love that Yammi sound.

Looks icey do they have studded tracks ? I did a lot of Extreme Skiing in CO & UT and steep and deep Powder .. But only rented a plane Jane Skidoo Trail sled for a 4 hour tour with a Rental CO near Whistler BC.. My legs were so rubbery from 5 days of skiing all I could do is park my #*$&@ on the seat and steer ..
Sure did smell up my ski clothes like the old Skidoo non synthetic oil of 1994 Vintage..

A mid 70’s single cylinder snoJet with electric start got me hooked. Man we thought we were cruising when my brother got a 440 scorpion whip! That little another sure was not fast but would thump it’s way thru a lot of snow!

Back