• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

the GOOD, the BAD, the UGLY, the UGLIER, the Not so bad & the God

stevewithOCD

Yamaha, Make me Come Back
Country
USA
Snowmobile
900 R
2006 Apex RTX
the GOOD: Up in Maine with more snow then we can handle. Was shooting for 2000 mile back-pack trip

the BAD: Buds' Winder pulled a 42 code. Turns out the sensor that is glued to the chain case fell off. To the store for glue & tape & back on trails.
Who the HELL glues chit on these days? BAD, BAD Arctic Crap!

the UGLY: 20 miles into trip my coolant Left the building! Cut the hose in tunnel. Limped it to road, then a ride on back of buds' Winder & put in truck then home. My #*$&@ still hurts! Packed my gear on buds' Etec to RE-START back pack trip. I was gonna show these boys i can lead on anything made.
Who puts a hose in the tunnel? BAD, BAD Arctic Crap!

the UGLIER: 40 miles later buds' Winder popped the chain case. Towed it home & brought both sleds to dealer. END of Back-Pack trip! Turns out the little plastic shoes on reverse fork came off causing some damage & top gear was sloppy due to NO FRIGGIN' OIL getting through cuz no hole in gear to GET the FRIGGIN' oil there!
Who puts a hole in the gear, but NOT the bushing? BAD, BAD Arctic Crap!
AND, who puts a Dora the Explorer pinky band-aid on an important part in the chain case? BAD, BAD Arctic Crap!

the Not so BAD: Thanks to Houlton Motorsports, i'm back on trail after a day on my trusty Apex & bud on his Etec. The problem is, i can't get over this feeling of my CHAINCASE GRENADING! Because others have done my chain case work, i've yet to get in there to look or improve. It is NOT a good feeling. I'm hesitant to go fast which defeats the purpose of owning the "Fastest Production Sled Ever".
BAD, BAD Arctic Crap!

Now the GOOD (not the God): I have over a 1000 miles on my belt! This belt i smoked 3 times loading it up, ran 100 miles breaking trail & ran a water skip until the belt smelled like a 16 year old driving dads 455 Olds for the first time WITHOUT Dad in the car!
One more day on this belt then i'll change it. I'm actually surprised it lasted this long.

Hopefully the Drama is gone, but a week with the OCD means more to come.

TO BE CONTINUED.............

I am feeling a 900t spring order, just sayin

How many miles on Bud's sled with bad shift fork pads?

Sorry your week off isn’t as planned. Hope it straightens out. Love the comparison to the Olds...

Totally agree number1. I try not think of it when riding :)

I need to spend more time riding and less time on this site. This place will make you have buyers remorse if you spend too much time here!
I agree too. Every time I ride my sled I think about this sight and all the problems I have read about but on the other hand I'm very thankful for this sight as it has helped me many times.

Tunnel hose puncture I have witnessed from my buds sled. They make protectors. Just bought a winder, and put the protectors on as soon as I could. If you don't put the protectors on, you MUST clean out the ice from the tunnel.

Glad your back on the trail OCD!
When you have too Ride ......RIDE!
Don’t talk

Steve......sorry for your ruined trip brother, I 100% get it!

Being OCD brother, you should know you can CHANGE YOUR TITLE rather easily(start at your first post>Top right/Thread tools) Yes I edit fast and often, OCD is fun isnt it?

What caused the coolant hose fail? Didn't you add the BOP protectors like ALL OCD owners did? LOL

I have to agree....we all went from 2 seasons of belt blowing threads, to now guys having belts fixed for the most part and more miles now so all the poor engineering is now showing up. Big power is hard on all drivetrain as we are all finding out. Maybe we all need to stick to 240 tune if we want to get more miles out of these?

It does make me think about the babey 900t, heck maybe 205hp tuned is where we might need to live if we want a true trail sled with longevity? I have feeling YAM/CAT will NOT upgrade/update all the things we need for '20. Keeping my options open moving forward. If I never cared about trips, Winder is great locally, but I would like a sled that i can trust when so far from home.

Dan

Steve......sorry for your ruined trip brother, I 100% get it!

Being OCD brother, you should know you can CHANGE YOUR TITLE rather easily(start at your first post>Top right/Thread tools) Yes I edit fast and often, OCD is fun isnt it?

What caused the coolant hose fail? Didn't you add the BOP protectors like ALL OCD owners did? LOL

I have to agree....we all went from 2 seasons of belt blowing threads, to now guys having belts fixed for the most part and more miles now so all the poor engineering is now showing up. Big power is hard on all drivetrain as we are all finding out. Maybe we all need to stick to 240 tune if we want to get more miles out of these?

It does make me think about the babey 900t, heck maybe 205hp tuned is where we might need to live if we want a true trail sled with longevity? I have feeling YAM/CAT will NOT upgrade/update all the things we need for '20. Keeping my options open moving forward. If I never cared about trips, Winder is great locally, but I would like a sled that i can trust when so far from home.

Dan

I think we need to remember that issues are going to arise when it is this easy to add extra power. I'd love to know the statistic on how many 998T guys have added power. It seems adding 50-70 HP is most common. My Dad has almost 6,000 miles on his stock SW. No blown belts, no issues at all.

I have no doubt the 900T is a better built sled than what we have. I can't help but wonder what kind of issues may pop up in 3 years if say, 50% of the owners were all adding 50-70HP?

Back