• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Thermostat Removal VS Modification.

Vmax4creed

VIP Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2010 APEX
Apex S/C grass sled going to be racing grass & cooling off with a cool down cart, on an Apex should the thermostat be removed completely or modify one to restrict flow & slow down rate of coolant flow? Anyone racing grass or asphalt?

I have been racing Yamaha 4 strokes since they came out in 2003. RX1's, Apex's, Nytro's, Viper and now Winders.

If you plan on driving the sled up to the lanes and driving back to the pits, I recommend modifying the thermostat. Take the thermostat out, cut the 2 pieces that hold the spring and remove the inner mechanicals leaving the round metal and rubber ring to put back in. This is of course better when using a cool down.

Most asphalt racers are using fans to cool down the engine now between runs and not removing the thermostat. A 4 wheeler brings us up and pulls us back so we keep the temps down as it gets hard to cool down when running rounds. Make the 4 wheeler work, but also need someone to drive it.

Awesome thanks NOS-PRO for the reply, i will modify the thermostat.

Back