• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Thinking about..........jumping ship

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't blame anyone for jumping that doesn't have the time to fix all the known issues and poor engineering that came from Cat here.

Some will jump, and some will just fix all the shortfalls we have with the Cat. And there are plenty to be certain. I'm lucky to have the time and resolve to fix and improve my machine. Was I happy about needing to? NO I sure wasn't, I cussed those engineers and the company every time I turned around, but I'm at a point now that I'm glad I kept with it. I'm also glad I had a chance to try a 900t too! It confirmed to me I don't want to go back just yet, I actually have to admit I was looking and talking at a possible spring check on one. The Winder is a fantastic machine that just needs a little massaging to make it reliable and fast. I hope that the people that are unhappy can make them right themselves, because as delivered there will be issues that can and will leave you stranded.

All brands have known problems, but Ski-Doo just has a lot less. And for those talking how bad the Doos are, have not had the four-stroke Doos. They are no where near as problem prone as their two-strokes counterparts. The issue I have is if you want a big reliable high power Ski-Doo, you are not going to get it without turboing the old 1200. So you need to go back to 160HP and if you tune the 900t it will still only go to 200 or so HP. So if your fine with stock Winder power, the 900t with a tune may be for you.

It doesnt matter the brand or sled there are always shortcomings that need to be addressed. Anytime you go big power and you drive it hard you are going to find issues. My only complaint is on mine stock blowing belts I wished the dealer and Yamaha figured it out and fixed it.

Well I hope on March 5 Yamaha introduces a 100 % Yamaha sled & then in 2021 come out with a Yamaha replacement for the sidewinder,so u can love your Arctic cats & I can go back to not worrying about breaking down ... lol
Ya the I had three YAMAHA sleds, they rode like poop, and I was always modifying something ,specifically the suspension, weighed a ton, rx1, nytro steering and crap breaking, SRX 2001, still feel the pain, Ya they were great, built a chassis around a motor and said here you go, You think their gonna come out with a new JAPAN built sled, OK
OH if barn of parts didn’t make mods, holy #*$&@, I’d have a back brace

I kind of expected a high maintenance sled when I bought this yamacat, but not quite as many as posted on here!

Pissing off a lot of guys when we refer to cat DNA, but it is what it is. These aern’t an Apex or Vector in any way shape or form.

Just talked to one of my brothers at Home Depot the other day, talking sleds and rides. He has 9K on his belt, I think 05 Vector. Still looks good, other brother still has his 03 RX1, much the same story with his way over 20K total mileage sled. But they do not need my kind of power and speed. Know what I mean ?
First good Yamaha built had a cat chassis sorry.

They couldn’t build a sled so they went to cat

They still can’t

A bunch of piles of #*$&@ since the 20 year old
outdated srx

I wouldn’t mind a Suzuki motor built cat again either but this is fine for now.

Any fool can see they aren’t bu
First good Yamaha built had a cat chassis sorry.

They couldn’t build a sled so they went to cat

A bunch of piles of #*$&@ since the 20 year old
outdated srx

I wouldn’t mind a Suzuki motor built cat again either but this is fine for now.

That’s why the 2000 SRX was the sled of the year.
The Apex is the most reliable sled ever made period.
Yamaha has always been more reliable than anything built since the 1970’s

I extended an offer to you... bring your brand new $18k cat chassis sled with 250hp even 300hp back up to StGermain, give me a call, I’ll show up with a sled 19 years old and turn my go pro around backwards so everyone can watch you eat snow dust.
The fact your a Pro racer doesn’t scare me at all.
Seriously lower your sled down really low and let’s do this.

I don’t believe you

I do. Two Sidewinders with 3,000 miles each. Have been nothing short of turn the key and go (save for one frozen relay a few weeks ago. But that same situation happened to an Apex in our group (see pictures), so that sled must be a piece of s**t too, right? ).

Attachments

• IMG_0415.JPG
    IMG_0415.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 198
Hahaha
This is too funny

Your go pro and tunnel will be gone
You haven’t raced cross country
The slow guys come in with broken tail lights
That’s you

Master of clutches
Haha

Hahaha
This is too funny

Your go pro and tunnel will be gone
You haven’t raced cross country
The slow guys come in with broken tail lights
That’s you

Master of clutches
Haha

Well let’s go then, you’ve got nothing to loose

In the woods the old low center of gravity chassis are much faster.

All these people complaining about their Sidewinder/Cats. Take any vehicle built for 185hp and throw an extra 80-100 hp at it.
Back in the day a 200hp sled ran great for an hour and then broke something. Everyone thought it normal because of the amount of power.

Now you guys buy a stock sled and boost it to an extra 100hp and complain because you can't get 10,000 trouble free miles.
My stock 2017 sled has not been touched for 5000 miles and I have NO ISSUES.
Original belt, never been towed, always starts and only 2nd set of hyfax.

Why don't you guys face the truth YAMAHA IS DEAD.
They are motor suppliers only.
When Cat had a Suzuki motor it was a Cat, Kawasaki motors still a Cat, Spirit motors -Cat
Polaris ran Fugi motors still a Polaris

You guys drive a Cat with Yamaha stickers OWN IT!!
Yamaha never built a good chassis, ever, never ever.
Yamaha sold more sleds the last 5 years because the CAT chassis is miles ahead of anything Yamaha ever did.

I don't blame anyone for jumping that doesn't have the time to fix all the known issues and poor engineering that came from Cat here.

Some will jump, and some will just fix all the shortfalls we have with the Cat. And there are plenty to be certain. I'm lucky to have the time and resolve to fix and improve my machine. Was I happy about needing to? NO I sure wasn't, I cussed those engineers and the company every time I turned around, but I'm at a point now that I'm glad I kept with it. I'm also glad I had a chance to try a 900t too! It confirmed to me I don't want to go back just yet, I actually have to admit I was looking and talking at a possible spring check on one. The Winder is a fantastic machine that just needs a little massaging to make it reliable and fast. I hope that the people that are unhappy can make them right themselves, because as delivered there will be issues that can and will leave you stranded.

All brands have known problems, but Ski-Doo just has a lot less. And for those talking how bad the Doos are, have not had the four-stroke Doos. They are no where near as problem prone as their two-strokes counterparts. The issue I have is if you want a big reliable high power Ski-Doo, you are not going to get it without turboing the old 1200. So you need to go back to 160HP and if you tune the 900t it will still only go to 200 or so HP. So if your fine with stock Winder power, the 900t with a tune may be for you.

Mike I don't blame you for not wanting to jump ship just yet. You are a speed junkie and it's too bad Doo doesn't take the big hp stuff seriously. I'm sure Doo can build a sled to compete head to head with tuned Winders but they just don't want to. I know if they did there would be so many used Winders on the market it would make your head spin.

Look at what has happened in the past two years. Both Yamaha and now Cat have gone to spring only sales. Doo hasn't had to do anything to answer the Winder and yet this happened. They obviously don't feel threatened by Cat or Yamaha because if they did you would have seen a big powered Mach Z long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back