• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Thinking about putting Simmons Flexi Ski on Nytro

I've run simmons for years...if anything they scrub speed like many dual carbide skis do...as to the wider ones never ran...but speed wont be their long suit either...flotation is,,
the simmons have a predictable understeer...but make for a wider feeling front end footprint...kind of like a workboot vs sneaker difference in front stability..

Hey Simmons gen 1 skis are the best. XTX with them is insane. Good floating in deep and corners hard on trails. I wrote this last year.

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:36 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have simons gen 1 and the bergstrom triples on one side of ski and the single on the other. It cost a little coin but I have triple 8"s and single 6"ers. Lot of carbid I know but they are not all touching at one time and as you turn and the ski edge moves the other carbides will bite and continue to provide grip in hard corners. You have to set up the suspension but I can smoke anyone in the twistys. I can corner now like I never thought possible especially on the xtx. Found my best set up and would never even think of anything else since I have no problems and could not corner any harder then these ski/carbide set up gives me. Any harder or faster and I would have to think about my sanity.

I have a near new set of black flexi skis with 2 sets of carbides, they have cat mounts on them now but I know the yammie mounts are available if they are different. Skis have one weekend on them. pm if interested.

XTX622Kane said:
Hey Simmons gen 1 skis are the best. XTX with them is insane. Good floating in deep and corners hard on trails. I wrote this last year.

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:36 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have simons gen 1 and the bergstrom triples on one side of ski and the single on the other. It cost a little coin but I have triple 8"s and single 6"ers. Lot of carbid I know but they are not all touching at one time and as you turn and the ski edge moves the other carbides will bite and continue to provide grip in hard corners. You have to set up the suspension but I can smoke anyone in the twistys. I can corner now like I never thought possible especially on the xtx. Found my best set up and would never even think of anything else since I have no problems and could not corner any harder then these ski/carbide set up gives me. Any harder or faster and I would have to think about my sanity.

other than the skis any info on the rest of your setup is appreciated....also what was your top speed

I have the simmions skis and carbides as described above. I run 122 studboy studs inside the windows. Custom made double windshild (stock bolted to a white short windshield. After market grips and heaters wired inline. Stock supension (righrt now) with rear in stiffest and front is always changing due to snow conditions. I have made a custom exhaust made dual Yosh pipes off my Hayabusa and tunnel cover but removed and went back to stock.(better low end and quieter, better to hear my Ipod. dombo ears and side deflectors. I am working on tons of new stuff for next season. No problems, No break downs, ride like its stolen and still on original hyfax

SJ Where in michigan you from. I am looking for more people to ride with due to bad economy knocking snowmobile friends off one at a time.

Sorry looked at the rest of your question and saw the top speed. I really don't know. Never really cared about top speed. More of a corner to corner guy. I really never get over 75-80 on trails. That low to mid is what I love and never get bored of. Faster top speed is just making the trees whiz by faster, I try to see how close I can get through a bunch of them the quickest. Then try to bury the sled in off trails during the day. XTX is the badest thing I have ever kicked a leg over. Only problem I have now is pain in cheeks from smiling and laughing all day. Love my sled.

my top speed so far is 106 on speedo with a flicker of 107. f-ing awesome sled! all stock with the tall snowstorm designer windshield. no studs. maybe i'll change out the skis, not sure.

XTX622Kane said:
I have the simmions skis and carbides as described above. I run 122 studboy studs inside the windows. Custom made double windshild (stock bolted to a white short windshield. After market grips and heaters wired inline. Stock supension (righrt now) with rear in stiffest and front is always changing due to snow conditions. I have made a custom exhaust made dual Yosh pipes off my Hayabusa and tunnel cover but removed and went back to stock.(better low end and quieter, better to hear my Ipod. dombo ears and side deflectors. I am working on tons of new stuff for next season. No problems, No break downs, ride like its stolen and still on original hyfax

SJ Where in michigan you from. I am looking for more people to ride with due to bad economy knocking snowmobile friends off one at a time.

Im in white lake ...m-59 about 10 miles east of U.S. 23

good to know this sled can be made to handle...Im a little concerned....I will be changing ski's..a fuel adder...intake...and clutching...maybe a header later..some more gas either the tank or caddies..a higher windshield and something for the grips...of course at least 114 studs...

Yeh, the first time I rode my xtx I hated it. I know it was a great sled and was exactly what I had been waiting for. The dealer set it up for my size and riding style but I hated it. I rode 40-50 mi and felt like I had gone like 250 mi. I got some food at bar wrenched on settings and adjustment and found better set-ups. Love sled but I always make changes on clickers all day long as conditions change. I ride twice as hard now and can ride all day and night. Nice to have a sled that performs the way you want. Gives more confidence to rider. If you need pics of my shield set-up pm me email. Get side deflectors for sure and I love the dumbo ears. Was going to put in 114 but bought more so made my own pattern and put in like 122 or 125 can't remember. No pull throughs and good cornering and grip. I do have 84" of carbide on simmons. I love the set-up. Amazing that couple turns on clickers make. I think I will get tripple rate front springs and polaris rear spring adjuster too.

I have a pair of black and blue simmons with less than 200 miles on them that i will sell you, I switched to curves and love them much more!

Anyone switch from C&A'S to Simmons flex skis? It seemed like a lot of guys with NYtro's on here are running Curves, or C&A's, on their Nytro's. This Simmons topic kind of peeked my interest. Since I want to change my ski color for a new look. I figured Simmons. They say they have pretty good flotation with tight steering? While looking around seems like a lot of Apex guys run Simmons on theirs. Is this a bad assumption? If not, why does it seem one is on one sled more often, and not on the other? Are the duals on the Simmons to aggressive on a rider forward, in the corners?

Sheetwright,

I have Simmons on my RX1 in which I think they work great. I never tried them on my XTX. In my experieince there is not one ski that works for all sleds. They definitely help stability and have a mild understeer compared to a single keel ski.

I would be interested in hearing more experiences of Simmons on Nytros also.

I noticed your sled in your avator. It looks pretty BA...how about some pics?

Back