• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Thinking of a track upgrade

Boston RX1

TY 4 Stroke Master
I have a 2018 Sidewinder LTX with a 1.25" track. I would like more bite. I have a Cobra 1.62" track on several other of my sleds and I flat out love that track. I was thinking of putting one on my LTX. I always studd. Any thoughts on how this track would hold up or if there would be something better? Looking for real world experience.

I’m also thinking about a bigger lug track for next year. Even on a viper the track just spins in loose snow, I’d like it to get more traction on the heavier snow days. If I do, it’ll probably be a 1.5” ripsaw ll. Good tracks, but the 1.25” just doesn’t have enough bite

I have a 2018 Sidewinder LTX with a 1.25" track. I would like more bite. I have a Cobra 1.62" track on several other of my sleds and I flat out love that track. I was thinking of putting one on my LTX. I always studd. Any thoughts on how this track would hold up or if there would be something better? Looking for real world experience.
My sled came with the 1.6 Cobra and I put 102 I grips on it and like it much better than my previous sidewinder with the 1.25 track with 192 studs. No problem with the 1 ply track. If you want ultimate top speed, this isn't the best choice.

I just went through all of this on mine. I had 1.75 Backcountry stock on my Cross Country 9000. It was a great track for 11000kms but started showing its age. Hooked like crazy, still cornered well and was very durable. Problem is Camso doesn't sell this track on its own. The aftermarket Back country are 1 ply not 2 ply that come stock on factory machines and no silent bumps. The 1 ply wont hold up well.

I also tried a hurricane 1.75. Hooked well but blew lugs off all over the place. I thought it would be more durable being 2 ply, but not the case. Got 3oookms on that one.

I have also been through 2 different cobra tracks on boosted sleds. 1.6 and 1.325. They hook but don't last and aren't durable. My 1.6 blew up on me at about 100mph. The 1.325 delaminated on me as well. Its fine for lower speed cruising.

The latest track I put on is the Ripsaw II 1.5. Am very impressed with this track! Full 2 ply and so far really durable. Quiet track and hooks up almost as good as he 1.75 track did. Its night and day better than a 1.25 Rip2. Honestly, for our sleds there isn't much else to choose from. I was also contemplating the Storm 1.5, but it doesn't seem durable either.

Ripsaw II 1.5" is the track of choice for these sleds!!!

my sled had the cobra on when i got it and had several lugs delaminate, bought the 1'ripsaw and the 1.5 2ply STORM... this by far is the best trail track... yes it wil scrub 5mph off top end but it gets there soo much faster and bites soo hard... the lugs do not flex over and will not delaminate on trails.... now i do not know how good they hold up on bare ice but i think if you just dont go over 120 youll be fine. ive had mine at 127 on trail... no issues. seriously makes you feel like you have 50hp more.

Check out the storm 150 amazing track great for on and off teail

I ran the 1.75 backcountry track for just over 7000 miles on a tuned winder for trail riding.
Off trail it would go straight up a steep hill with the skis in the air until I let off. Never got stuck with it.
Now I am running g the storm 1.50 2 ply with 144 studs. Liking this track. Can power thru the corners with part throttle and goes where pointed.

Back