• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Those with MPI supercharged Apex's, questions?

number1kyster

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2018 SW RTX SE
How is the fuel mileage? How does it work for trail use? reliability? I do long trips in canada and if I get this kit I want to make sure my sled will be able ot make it. Any info would help!

Very reliable, It's my 3rd year with 2000 miles and no problems what so ever! Other than my own stupidity. As for the fuel milage I am running 10lbs and it is no worse than a stock REV 800HO. And I'm in it alot of the time in the tight windy trails. I recomend the air/fuel gauge and the Bypass valve from jennety, and depending on the amount of boost you want you may have to upgrade your stock fuel pump. I'm also running the ulmer clutch kit. It's a little frustrating getting the clutching and fuel worked out but once you do figure it out you won't stop smiling.
Good luck !!!

and let me tell you badluck's sled hauls the mail.still waitin to line the turbo against him but it does run

badluck said:
Very reliable, It's my 3rd year with 2000 miles and no problems what so ever! Other than my own stupidity. As for the fuel milage I am running 10lbs and it is no worse than a stock REV 800HO. And I'm in it alot of the time in the tight windy trails. I recomend the air/fuel gauge and the Bypass valve from jennety, and depending on the amount of boost you want you may have to upgrade your stock fuel pump. I'm also running the ulmer clutch kit. It's a little frustrating getting the clutching and fuel worked out but once you do figure it out you won't stop smiling.
Good luck !!!

YES YES AND YES!! ;)!

We now have a by pass valve/bov that will increase mpg on your sled as well as lowers water,charger oil, and intake temp as well. For any information on our kits please call me here at MPI 888-649-4609 ext 121, Thanks Skyler

Hey Skyler, Exactly what I have been saying all along.

It is Funny how guys were shooting me down on this because you guys supposedly told them not to use Bypass/BOV valves on your supercharger kits.

Well I guess that squashes all doubt Now Eh!

Yea i have one one mine now. (BOV) and my motor runs 20-30+ degs cooler! And the innercooler stays cool to the touch! Before it could burn your hand! Very good/Big upgade!! A must if you ask me!!!

Skydog

Its about time, the damn kit should have come with them just like every other boost application on the planet has. Not sure who was behind the stuborness, its best if MPI just moves on. Thanks Skyler for trying to keep up on all the forums!

2007 RTX SC , FAST , FUN , TROUBLE FREE !
I run 5 lbs because we travel , can't always get good fuel !
Running careful last year 125miles, per tank, with 121x11/4 track
Always 90+miles per tank, running hard !
This year 136x1.5 track , 110 max trying , 80+ running hard !
now having a 2 gal tank built for extension !!

kinger said:
Its about time, the damn kit should have come with them just like every other boost application on the planet has. Not sure who was behind the stuborness, its best if MPI just moves on. Thanks Skyler for trying to keep up on all the forums!
Yes it did take us quite awhile for us to release a bov. We wanted to find the perfect bov for our kits. We have our own now and it's working great. Thanks i am trying to stay on top of the fourms. If any of you guys have any type of questions please feel free to call me here at MPI 888-649-4609 ext 121 Thanks Skyler

skyler@mpi said:
kinger said:
Yes it did take us quite awhile for us to release a bov. We wanted to find the perfect bov for our kits. We have our own now and it's working great. Thanks i am trying to stay on top of the fourms. If any of you guys have any type of questions please feel free to call me here at MPI 888-649-4609 ext 121 Thanks Skyler

Skyler - not to bust you balls on this one (I think you're doing a great job on this and other forums) but 'wanting to find the perfect BOV' is a $20 cab ride from the position MPI has taken on this until just a few days ago?

Any bov will increase driveabiltly. In a single sided bov cause's heat. We use a dual sided bov. We now have the abilitly to control our bov elecrtrnoicly with our prologger that we have in the works. IF you need more tech info please call us here at mpi 888-649-4609, heath is our tech and can answer any questions you may have or if heath is not there i can help you out, Thanks Skyler

Skyler could you post some pictures of the bov. I have a 1" outlet on my HJK bov mounted on clutch side of intercooler on blown 04 Rx1 mtn, the mileage really sucks, 5 - 7 mpg. Had s/c for 3 yrs now happy with 10lbs boost. Tried to get info from you guys during installation , no luck. also can you adjust boost down and hold 5 or 7 psi even though pulleys are for 10 lbs ???

What happens if you get bad gas? Not all places in northern quebec have premium fuel.

3500 miles on this year running 5-51/2 #'s of boost and loving it. I run a vortech BOV and use a boondocker box for tuning as my stock gem controler never worked for the original owner and was sent out to MPI to be reprogrammed but all they did was resticker and sent it back. It cost me as much to ship there and duty back than it would have cost for a replacement. Other than that I love this kit very well done, now I would love to see how this would run with a stock controller.

Back