• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Throttle cable extension suggestions?

Snowman35

Extreme
Country
USA
Need help with finding the right type of throttle cable extension on my '07 apex. Situation is I have a small 2" pivot adapter on my handlebars and the throttle cable was doing fine for awhile though now i'm finding that my tors code keeps coming up sporadically because of the throttle cable coming out of its junction down in the engine area. All the extension cables i looked at (powermadd) seem to have lots of cable length which i believe i do not need and do not want a mess under the hood from. Can anyone out there point me in the right direction on what type would work for my situation please. Thanks in advance for your help.

Get a cable for a mtn sled. I tried the power Madd one once was a real PITA.

if you are useing a 2" riser from stock you can reroute the stock cable under the bars I have 6000 miles on mine with 2.5 pivot riser and reroute.

I still have no clue how to post pics to this site been on here for 5 years over 1000 posts and every time i try it just says they are to big if you send me your cell or email i can take a pic with my phone tonight and send

It is a 2005 Apex Mountain cable that I used. I re-routed the brake cables but replaced the throttle and maybe choke?

Thor452. Try posting your pics to photobucket, or a similar site, then use the forum links attached to the pic in your post and it should work just fine.

That's been posted here before, but not everybody uses photobucket. There's so many sites similar to photobucket that it'd be a heck of a job writing an instruction manual for all of them.
Most file hosting sites have instructions on them, and the url of that hosted picture in your post is all you need. They should automatically format the photos to the best size for a forums.

I have a pic posted here of the reroute on my apex.

Back