• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Throttle cable options

Regaw5

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2003 RX-1
Going to be putting a riser on my 03 soon. I've searched the topic and see that everyone uses a cable from an 05 mtn. Unfortunately they are on backorder from Yamaha until late March.. do I have any other options that are reasonably priced?? Riser is 4-5"

I have a 4" riser on my 03 RX-1 and you do need to re-route the brake line as I had to remove the hose from it retaining bracket to provide me with some additional length.

cable.JPG

As for the throttle cable, although I do have the longer mountain throttle cable, the only issue I had sometimes with activating the TORS was when turning the handlebars all the way to the right or left. It wouldn't do it all the time but enough for me to say screw it and place an order for the mountain throttle cable.

Another possible option to obtaining a longer throttle cable would be to contact Travis at Barn of Parts. He's a member on here as well as site sponsor.

https://www.barnofparts.com/

Thanks guys. I'll check with barn of parts if no local dealer has one in stock. (I don't think they will) id like to do this right so I don't end up with problems. Sucks the mountain cable is on back order

Back