• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Throttle Tip-In Abrupt

skip wareham

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 Yamaha Apex XTX
Can the ecu in the Apex be re-mapped to make throttle tip in smoother and less abrupt? I have the soft spring in the clutch. It’s not that. I find the throttle extremely sensitive to thumb input. If you're not really smooth with throttle application power comes on like a light switch. I would like it to be more like a rheostat with broad linear power.

83667866_10216518736705350_1755208436426997760_n.jpg

Last edited:

Can the ecu in the Apex be re-mapped to make throttle tip in smoother and less abrupt? I have the soft spring in the clutch. It’s not that. I find the throttle extremely sensitive to thumb input. If you're not really smooth with throttle application power comes on with a hit.

View attachment 152451
Is the clutching stock? A Apex is know for nice throttle response anyway so it could be a few things, Dirty, sticky clutch or your belt side clearance in the primary is too big? Belt could be getting worn and narrow causing something like this too.

both my apex's are that way. the 11 is a bit worse as it is clutched agressively compared to the 16 but they both do it. heck the 05 rx did it as well. taught me the finer points of throttle control to keep traction for sure.

both my apex's are that way. the 11 is a bit worse as it is clutched agressively compared to the 16 but they both do it. heck the 05 rx did it as well. taught me the finer points of throttle control to keep traction for sure.
Agree it is clutching.
It has to do with the profile of the weight at engagement, or just past engagement I should say. As the slight bump on the weight comes by the roller onto the shift portion of the weight it creates the sudden surge.
When you visibly look at the weight it doesn't look like much, but it is.

Agree it is clutching.
It has to do with the profile of the weight at engagement, or just past engagement I should say. As the slight bump on the weight comes by the roller onto the shift portion of the weight it creates the sudden surge.
When you visibly look at the weight it doesn't look like much, but it is.
Yup. Every millimetre counts when your talking cam arm profile.

Back