• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Thunder products Orange secondary spring

I cant speak for a Hurricane setup, but it works awesome in my mpi 190 turbo
:sled2::Rockon:

Works awesome in my OSP 6.5 psi turbo about 210 horse

i found it very responsive i only have limited testing due to snow but i was pulling along at 70 mph 1/4 throttle and when wot and it would pull the skis right off the ground.

(21/41 gears, reverse helix 40/46, 60y super tips, tpi orange secontadry, 14.5 rolers, gates 8jp size belt)

Ordered mine today, Been using the purple spring that came with hurricane kit it robs top end i think.
Reverse helix 40-46 work well for flat land ?
i have been trying 51-43 and 46-40.

Being it is such a stiff spring, I don't understand how this would help out a sled vs the stock pink. I feel like it would make the sled snappier yet, but in a drag application it would create to slow of a shift and not load the engine as hard as others. Am I correct on this or ?

I'm interested in this spring also running the hurricane kit in mine to but has a green spring wound at 10 deg. with a Dalton helix stamped 1535. Anyone know off hand what kinda spring this is and I have know idea what the deg. is on the helix. I would like to make some changes on this set up but don't really know what way to go because I have no idea what's in my sec.

Being it is such a stiff spring, I don't understand how this would help out a sled vs the stock pink. I feel like it would make the sled snappier yet, but in a drag application it would create to slow of a shift and not load the engine as hard as others. Am I correct on this or ?

Clutching is a complete science to get everything to work together. This spring has done nothing but amaze me and the people who have tried it. The stock Pink is the strongest spring, but has too many coils and binds on top end. The new orange secondary spring has less coils to eliminate coil bind, has a little more side pressure and a little more twist percentage, but I think because of the less coils the spring works easier on top end. I do not know the specifics of this spring....just know it works.

Maybe get a poll going to see? All I know is that the springs are selling like crazy and Lonn is ordering more again.

By all means I am not arguing with you, it may work. It may not! There's only one way to find out. Now I have to buy one lol. But I'm just saying my pink spring hooks and works every where. I have spent some good amount of time with clutches, so I understand the science.

Are you implying the pink is stronger then the orange??

Back