• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Thunder Products - Quad Flow Torque Wing

MrSled

Site Admin/CEO
Staff member
Website
www.totallyamaha.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 Sidewinder SRX
Trying to get some more feedback on this product for the 2 Strokers .. an insight or interest?

I get the idea of laminar flow, but I wanna see documented HP gains on newer sleds. This is very interesting!

I get the idea of laminar flow, but I wanna see documented HP gains on newer sleds. This is very interesting!

For the flow to become laminar you would need a much longer runner and low velocity streams. That is why a typical laminar fountain has a small, high velocity pipe feeding into the large laminar flow chamber trading velocity for volume. Volume is what allows the streams to slow down and become more laminar as there is less mixing between the layers of flow. The original carb body in this case would be more laminar on its own. The higher the velocity the greater the impact that the shape, surface finish, and any obstructions will have on the flow all of which will create more turbulence. Higher velocities create more mixing in the path and longer tails of turbulence, this is distinctly non-laminar. Read the claims (not the description) in the patent, they tell you everything you need to know about HP gains.

Back