• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Thundercat VS 850 DOO,a nd ZR8000

sheetwright

Northwoods Snowmobiling Facebook
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2021 Yamaha SRX

Yes 60 degrees out, and not broken in, but..... Also a comparison with a muffler mod
Can't wait for them to try this after break in, and on a 20 degree day in the snow

90mph for ZR8000, 92mph for the 850, 99mph for the stock thundercat, and 101mph for the muffler mod

I think that 850 is gonna run boys. I'm not scared, but i don't think we're gonna walk 'em. I'll just look for the fat guys to make up for that 90lb difference...

Keep in mind that the Doo's ECU was in break in mode. Imagine once it's running at full power.........

Short race, the lighter sled always will be close in short drag but the big turbo is walking away hard by end of this short track so on our lakes it becomes massive...Dont think a STOCK 1100t would even be close to this stock turbo. Toss on a muffler and the 2s will look feable.

I would have liked to see the SW in this race, wonder how close the SW and Tcat will run, clutching/gearing can mean alot!

Dan

Short race, the lighter sled always will be close in short drag but the big turbo is walking away hard by end of this short track so on our lakes it becomes massive...Dont think a STOCK 1100t would even be close to this stock turbo. Toss on a muffler and the 2s will look feable.

I would have liked to see the SW in this race, wonder how close the SW and Tcat will run, clutching/gearing can mean alot!

Dan
dan ck out the video on dt with the sw running a 800 poo and being close to even with it .

Now this has me wondering some things...

A poo(modded obviously) is beat by a 850, supposedly stock......

then this same POO beats a new SW!......hmmmmm wonder what is going on? Is the Tcat clutching faster then SW?

Dan

If the 850 is also modded,then this would make more sense....but when combining all these videos it makes me wonder whos clutching works best? Cat or Yam?

Dan

Any good clutched 850 or Poo with excellent traction should run with or beat on occasion a SW or tcat in 500ft. Not sure why everyone is so shocked?

Keep in mind that the Doo's ECU was in break in mode. Imagine once it's running at full power.........

Here is a post from the 850 owner who raced the POO...

jmn=an, on 16 Nov 2016 - 8:28 PM, said:
The 850 is my sled and havent done anything still has 88% break in left and yes we do t even have a clutch puller as they are backorder till mid dec!!!!!!

Back