• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Timbersled skid with which shocks?

SteelerJim

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2011 Nytro XTX
I have been considering purchasing a Mountaintamer skid in the future for my Nytro XTX but I have no idea which shocks to get. I am looking primarily at Fox Floats for the smoothness and weight savings. I don't really know much about the newer floats and want to know more about the different variations and whether the float 2s vs the float 3s justify the extra money. I'm also open to the Exits if they would be better on the trail. I have no love of air shocks on the front but on the skid I think they would be fine. I'm just lost on this one.

Attachments

• 14267606111840.jpg
    14267606111840.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 158

buy the best shocks you can afford is the best advise I can give you. I have the float 2 and evol x combo (that was the best package available at the time). I really like mine I attached some pics.

ps....they usually have a good sale in the spring.
2- Timbersled Kit  (1).JPG
3- nytro- timbersled mock-up (11).JPG
2- Timbersled Kit  (1).JPG
3- nytro- timbersled mock-up (11).JPG
4- Fort Erie- final assembly (3).jpg
IMG-20140208-00344.jpg

Last edited:
Do you think the suspension is worth the money? How much nicer would you say the ride is? How is it on the trail? Thanks

I really like mine.....it works pretty well on all trail conditions. I probably run a little too stiff for most, as one of my favourite rides is a 60km loop of usually bombed out trail of 1-2 ft whoops through tight sections and some wide open logging roads with the same type of terrain. it soaks up everything and is very tough. not a whole lot of options out there for whole new skids..... I looked at the fast 144 and a zx2 stretched to 144 also but, each had there drawbacks and I liked the adjustability of the timbersled.

it looks pretty cool to when I aired it down last at a lake party where everyone was out drag racing, I aired down all the shocks front and rear and lowered it right out. it looked pretty mean I wish I would have taken a couple of pics of it.

Back