• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

timing chain tensioner

4strokes

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
18 winder xtx 09 nytro xtx 06 apex gt
in light of the hot start thread. I plan check valve lash on my 22000 mile nytro. what is the latest high milage verdict on the chain tensioner? are they failing? is there an updated tensioner? I bet the guy with the hot start had his original engine jump time. at this point, I am so attached to my nytro, if the engine let go, I wouldn't want to live anymore.

in light of the hot start thread. I plan check valve lash on my 22000 mile nytro. what is the latest high milage verdict on the chain tensioner? are they failing? is there an updated tensioner? I bet the guy with the hot start had his original engine jump time. at this point, I am so attached to my nytro, if the engine let go, I wouldn't want to live anymore.
I don't recall the 09 Nytro having a chain tensioner problem. I changed a few on earlier triples, even though they hadn't failed. There is a paint code marking on the tensioners, but I can't remember which was the updated version.

No reported problems with the 1049 cc tensioner. The tensioner being used is spring loaded and also uses oil pressure to keep proper tension on the chain. It's more reliable than the earlier carb'd three cylinder engines.

The guy with a hot start problem did not have a timing failure.

Back