• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tired Of Sloppy Steering At Plastic Bushing And Steel Collar

Very nice upgrade!

So ive installed the new bushings(very nice product) and also the OFT stearing block and the stearing has less slop then when I bought the machine brand new!! Thanks for a great upgrade. You made my day! :Rockon:

upbushman said:
Hey guys here is what the new Bushing and Washer kit will look like compared to the Factory Setup. It will be sweet not to have to mess with this again.

i dont have mine apart. i take it there is a washer top and bottom on each assembly? also do you need to remove the inner tie rod end from the block? if so any trick to breaking the taper loose?

Hey revdog 827 your kit went out today 11-7-09. Yes the Washers you are getting in the kit will replace the ones on there now. All I did to bust the taper on the tie rod end loose was a long 1/2" ratchet extension with a good smack and it will pop loose good luck.

I took mine apart and did my self only to find out that I did not have any slop problems there. I had some in the needel barings and decided to grease eveything there.

Howdy there marpolsdofer you must not have many miles on your sled. You will start to notice it in less than a 100 miles for sure. I ride in mostly powder with very little suspension work and it does not take long to notice the slop good luck.

raced my sled couple of in local snocross and have cracshed into poles just riding around befor. I may not have many miles (130, none trail oir montine) but I did beat it to hell. I ride in places that get plent of snow buy the wind cars it away so the feild have big clups of dirt in there. Like I said I did not notice any in bushings there but my bearings on the other hand. I just did what you did by myself but I didn not use brass befor any real problem accouerd there and packed it full of grease.

marpolsdofer said:
raced my sled couple of in local snocross and have cracshed into poles just riding around befor. I may not have many miles (130, none trail oir montine) but I did beat it to hell. I ride in places that get plent of snow buy the wind cars it away so the feild have big clups of dirt in there. Like I said I did not notice any in bushings there but my bearings on the other hand. I just did what you did by myself but I didn not use brass befor any real problem accouerd there and packed it full of grease.

Holy f*@$ buddy, Did you pass english class ????? :die

yes! Its not like im writing merandom (how ever you spell it) for one of my soilders; or writing a comp two paper. I am an engineering student so I dont work on my writing very much. I can tell you this much I do suck at spelling and when I do anything on the internet I pay attention much to how I type.

Okay there Mr. engineering student. No matter your profession you still need that skill (spelling that is). I mean think of your resume there bud...

Lets stay on the topic, and I will take 3 sets, Thanks

marpolsdofer said:
yes! Its not like im writing merandom (how ever you spell it) for one of my soilders; or writing a comp two paper. I am an engineering student so I dont work on my writing very much. I can tell you this much I do suck at spelling and when I do anything on the internet I pay attention much to how I type.

If you are capable of complex calculations, then how can something as simple as proper grammar be difficult? :jump:

I am going to be honest, I was in the special class up tell the 10th grade for reading and witing. So, I was behind every one and still am! I beat at writing russian and german then english. My writing is slopy to; I am left handed.

Back