• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

To reduce max RPM to 10 500

Nordik

Extreme
My cousin who has purchased my 06 Attack tried different drive clutch spring to reduce max RPM. He still gets 10 800. So then, he played on the wrong place, should he try mods to the driven instead?

BTW, what has been changed on the 07, max rpm is where it should be and clutching is linear.

You never want to adjust engine RPM with the secondary. That is for tuning your shift curve. Stay at the primary and adjust with springs and weights. What direction did he go with the spring? Actually, what spring (colors) did he put in? And by the way, 10,800 is not a bad spot to spin this motor. Especially if it takes a long run to pull up to that. I have found with my GT that it seems to be quicker by lugging the motor. If I can keep the rpms around the 10k range for about 200 feet then let it build from there, it seems to be the fastest. I feel like I can run mine up to close to 11,000 without a noticeable drop in perfomance. But I am talking a long run. Not a 500 foot drag race. It does not feel fast like this, but it does indeed run harder. It feels really good slamming over to 10,500-10700 but its not as fast.

guys,

Ill tell you now..after much testing you want to get motor to go to at least 10,500 initially and then get up to 10,800 or 10,900 ontop....this is when the sled will be fast from bottom to top.

you need the DPYRs IMO to make these sleds rip.

dan

mine seems to go right up to about 10,700-10,800 right from the start and stay's right there all the way until i let off, my problem is the track, no good hook up, shred's the ice forever it seems, i think next year i'm getting rid of the ripsaw 1-1/4" and going with a 1"

DPYR's?

MachZED - what are DPYR's you refer to in your previous post???

Re: DPYR's?

xcr5 said:
MachZED - what are DPYR's you refer to in your previous post???

these weights are what John wheelock utilizes in the amazing Proline kit..Dale from Dalton designed them and IMO blow away the Super Tips and HHs....

we have setup several sleds here with Dalton stuff..DPYRs,springs and helixs...all from Dalton..

Go check out the site,Email Dale and tell him Dan from Hunstville sent you over...Hes the best guy Ive ever dealt with in the Sled biz...and is known to build/design the best clutching parts available.

http://www.daltonindustries.com/snowmob ... eights.htm
Dan

Why do you feel the DPYR's blow away Super Tip weights? I have them both here and if i set them on a pin one next to each other they are almost similar in profile, other than the tip in ST a touch more aggressive. I can't see why the ST can't be made to behave like DPYR's given proper tuning...

BADSLED said:
Why do you feel the DPYR's blow away Super Tip weights? I have them both here and if i set them on a pin one next to each other they are almost similar in profile, other than the tip in ST a touch more aggressive. I can't see why the ST can't be made to behave like DPYR's given proper tuning...

In totally agree with you BAD......

Supertips are great and can be made to work well...but IMO the DPYRs for some reason will run top end...not sure why,I know the profiles are close.

dan

machzed said:
guys,

Ill tell you now..after much testing you want to get motor to go to at least 10,500 initially and then get up to 10,800 or 10,900 ontop....this is when the sled will be fast from bottom to top.

you need the DPYRs IMO to make these sleds rip.

dan
Dan i have them,but they are the 55 gram weights,and i had not recieved the red primary or his red secondary springs yet from allen,so i went with the stock clutch,uncut for o.d. with g/w/g w/two 1mm shims in the primary,and stock cut 51/43 w/pink set to 60 w/23 top rtx and it would only run 10,000 on long end,coms on at 10,500 and drops off after 1,000 ft or so,maybe i need to drop wome weight off the 66 weights and get the red springs in place. Tomorrow i will go back to my s.t. set up w/o.d. sheave,it runs 11,000 and always runs good top end,but we dont have any clean ice,just hard snow,so speeds will be low,last weekend on snow it would only pull 104 gps down a small section on r.r.bed.

Snowbeast do you see the best top end at 11,000. I did a little testing yesterday and saw 132 dream meter at 11,100 and 10,900. Did not have time to set up for lower than that.

Back