• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Too fast of an engagement of clutch on 2010 VectorLTX

iasledder said:
Interesting. My '10 ltx doesn't engage too soon, but it is very harsh, always has been, making it hard to do a feather engagement, very jerky and could be dangerous if not expecting it.
That's about the same feeling I get from my 2010 Venture TF - very difficult to control the throttle for smooth engagement. Would like to do something to make it smoother but will wait until it is broken in first. And sometimes it also seems when slowing quickly and going again that there is some sticking/binding of the belt going on - like it will rev up more than necessary before engaging and it is like you can feel it releasing.

I've cleaned and new belts,etc. I'll try a spring. Just don't know which one.

Good..to hear. Did he ask what color was there OEM ?

Good..to hear. Did he ask what color was there OEM ?

No, but the OEM is black and so is Ulmer's. The coil dia and length of Ulmer's is different. Track engagement, on jack stand, OEM 3500, Ulmer's 3000.

Is it noticibly smoother on start? My 2010 vector is abit harsh as well.
I wonder If it will greatly affect acceleration?

Yamadoo

Hartman has a P-85 Polaris type primary designed for Yamahas. My question is would that get rid of the primary noise at idle? Being familiar with Polaris primaries, it should make for a smooth engagement.

The Polaris clutch does not get rid of the idle rattle, there is a great thread on this being related to the splined stub shaft which is designed to protect the crank bearing.

I think the different spring is an interesting idea. Concerned though do not want to lose acceleration or back shift. Maybe those with clutch knowledge can chime in

Yamadoo

YAMADOO. Thanks for the quick answer to my question. I really appreciate it. I quess it is the splined stub shaft along with the 3 cylinder cadance causing all that noise. My riding partner has a Ski-Doo 1200 and it suffers from the same clatter at the primary clutch just like my Vector.

Definitely more rattle,noise then my Attak.Not as smooth on take off. Makes me wonder why they set it up that way.

Back