• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Took the Plunge

guardrail

Lifetime Member
2 weeks ago I bought a new 2017 Polaris 800 Switchback. I was looking at these for a while. But really didn't want to spend money on a new sled. We were in TugHill NY for a week around new years, and the battery shorted out on my sled. The first place we went to didn't have one. I joked with my wife, saying, If I cant find a battery, I'm buying a sled. I found a battery, was changing it in a parking lot at 0 degrees outside. I was putting the air box on and dropped an allen wrench, and it went under the motor. So I took the airbox off, placed it on my tailgate, and proceeded to take the battery back out to get at the wrench. I turned around to get a tool, and knocked the airbox off the tailgate and broke off the air sensor! That was it! My hands were frozen, no where around to get a sensor, and we had 4 days left. Put away my tools, put the panels on the sled and drove 10 minutes and bought a leftover in the showroom.
Put 500 miles on it. It's nice and light, fast, pushes in the corners a little, and has some darting on straight aways. This is right off the showroom floor, didn't touch anything. It's a cold sled with the low windshield, and I had to take it back because the hand warmers weren't getting hot. I got a taller windshield.
Heading back up next weekend, going to start playing with the suspension to get the handling where I want it. Suspension feels good, it has the 2 stroke vibration, I can live with it, so far I like it. $50 a gallon oil sucks.

I'll keep posting my opinion on as I ride it more.
Got the Attak all back together with the new battery and sensor. I posted it in the classifieds here.
Going to miss it when it's gone. Only had to get towed once in 10 years, at 12,000 miles the primary clutch sheaves pretty much exploded.(I was the tow truck for my friends with other brands).

I am a 4 stroke guy, but I have been very tempted to do the same. My buddy and my uncle each have one and they are very nice and just plain fun to ride. I can tell you if they ever put a 160+ hp 4 stroke in one, I'd be first line. I've rode all the other chassis and the Axys is the best riding and most comfortable of them all, at least to me. Enjoy the new sled!

Back