• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tool for syncing the carbs???

SLEDSTART

VIP Member
Who makes the most affordable and easy to use tool for syncing the carbs?
I have never done them on either of my sleds and I really need to!!!
I want something I can learn to use fairly easy since I have never done it before.
I also read something about the order in how you sync. Not all 4 at the same timwe?
Said to Sync carb 1 to 2, then 3 to 4 then 2 to 3.
Is that true?
Doing some searching on here but have not found it yet.
Any help is appreciated!

Some that I found:
http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/too ... 3C-sup%3E/

and on the one above looks like I need these adapters for a Yami???
Part #08-0040 6mm brass adapters Yamaha (set of 4)

Looks like a lot of guys on some bike forums are making their own as well...

I'm gonna do some more searching but I wanted opinions of what you guys are doing.

Thanks

Thats the one. I have the mercury version and mine did NOT need the adapters. Very easy to use. Once youve done it once youll do it all the time. Make up a T for the ends so the fuel pumps can keep running

Thnaks black 1000.
So iof the above way the way to sync?
Carbs 1&2 first, then 3&4 then 2&3?
Not sure I get what you mean about the "T" for the pumps but I assume once I get the thing and read up I'll get it...
I hope...lol

In between the carbs and head you will remove the the 2 outside lines that supply vacuum to the pumps. You will also remove the dummies from the other 2. Make a T so you can hook up the sync tool and the pumps at the same time. That way you can take your time. If you dont you will only run on the fuel in the bowls

there are 3 phillips screws to adjust. the screw between carbs 1 and 2 adjusts these carbs the same. the screw between carbs 3 and 4 adjusts these carbs the same. the screw between 2 and 3 adjusts 1 and 2 to equal 3 and 4. do this after a ride so the sled is warmed up, adjust idle when done, if needed.

Thanks you guys! Big help. I did not realize the pumps would not be working during the test.
Makes sense now...

I'm off to order the tool! Might peek around a bit to see what else is out there but that one I posted looks decent.

Thats the one I have. No adapters needed, and you can do all 4 at once. I tied doing it with just hooking the fuel pump lines together, but I wasn't fast enough, and ran the bowls empty. Makes a world of difference when they are right. Maxdlx

where is hampshire ILL I am near the QC maybe you can just borrow mine. Maxdlx

I really appreciate that offer...But I'm about 3 hours from you. I'm about 50 miles straight west of Chicago. Basically between Chicago and Rockford off Rt. 90.

I sure would love to take you up on it. You got snow? Maybe I'll come for a tune up and ride...LOL

we have 4 foot of snow in the north ditches and west diches. I just need to get home and ride on it. Maxdlx

I bought my Morgan Carb Tune Pro from
http://www.carbtune.com/

Here's a quote from their advertising on their website.

Morgan sells the new Carbtune Pro direct from the factory to customers worldwide. Saves you money. Cuts out the middlemen and ensures everyone can have the fully guaranteed Carbtune delivered airmail direct to their address for a total of £55 British pounds UK (Europe £56, Rest of World £58 - about US$114). That's the total price delivered to your postal address. Get the Toolpouch for only £7 extra with the Carbtune (separate price £12 pounds) (Note all prices are in £GBP, UK pounds)

I have used it a few times, it's a nice product, very easy to use. The how to folder is very informative, so you will be up and syncing your carbs in no time. This tool takes all 4 carbs at once. It can also be used to sync the throttle bodies on fuel injected sleds :)

First sync carb 2 to 3, then sync 1 to 2, then sync 4 to 3. The syncing process is well described in the Service Manual, if you need it PM me your emailaddress.

Jan-Ove
rxrider

Here's a question for you guys...
The Morgan had a box that said the following:

Easily and accurately sync 4-stroke outboards, snowmobiles, microlight aircraft and sports cars. Also works on some 2-stroke engines like Suzuki triples.

Is there any reason either this one or the motionpro can't tune a triple 2 stroke (SRX) and my RX-1?

Back