• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Top End Rebuild

mtuyamaha

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2007 Yamaha Phazer MTX 151
81' enticer 300 twin special
75' Scorpion 440 Whip
So my 2007 mtx is just about to turn 10,000 miles. These have been some hard miles in the making not going to lie! I plan to do a compression test after the season is over, but I have been doing some searching and haven't found anywhere for advice about what should be replaced and where I'd find the parts. My goal is to get the engine back up to somewhat full health. My thought is that there is probably some blow by happening and in result a loss of power. Any thoughts?

X2

I would bet its fine. These thing go forever and arent like 2 strokes where you need to freshen up the top end.

Thats unless you buy one from a guy who ran 8 lbs of boost on pump gas at 1000', but thats a whole other story

Also, the decompression on the cams are not spun fast enough to disengage which can cause goofy compression test numbers. A leak down test would be better.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Back