• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Top gear?!?!

Doc Harley

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'17 Sidewinder LTX SE
Need to replace my stock 21t gear. What's the flavor of the day (who's gear is best)stock winder....
Thanks guys....✌️

Last edited:

Prevost Performance sells a replacement bushing, simple install. Reuse your original gear. $120 Cdn.
20211015_155650_copy_756x1008.jpg
20211015_155632_copy_756x1008.jpg

While the Prevost bushing may look like the DMC the design is not as well thought out as the DMC. If you have any flex with the Prevost bushing it will crack the flange right off as it is not supported. DMC machines the gears so the flange on his bushing is also press fit into the gear.

PM SidewinderBob, he helped me out a couple years ago. Not sure what is was made but it is longer than stock. It is still perfect after 5000 miles. He told me he doesn’t usually sell them or advertise but helped me out cause I wanted it ASAP and was from TY. Great guy and very knowledgeable also had a garage full of winders.

While the Prevost bushing may look like the DMC the design is not as well thought out as the DMC. If you have any flex with the Prevost bushing it will crack the flange right off as it is not supported. DMC machines the gears so the flange on his bushing is also press fit into the gear.
Justin is a personal friend and hasn't had any failures reported to him with hundreds of bushings out there.

Thanks for the post, however we have yet to have a failure that I’m aware of. My replacement bushing is different than the dmc design and I’m really not sure what material he uses or how he installs them. There’s no question the dmc setup is a great product they have lots of happy customers. There’s many others making gear bushings at this time maybe one of those have failed? Please don’t rope me or my products into it. Even if the rear flange of the bushing cracked off (which hasn’t happened) it would act as a spacer and still work just fine as the material I use is very good. I use a a steel spacer instead of just bushing material riding up against the snap ring. There’s many great options out there hurricane had a great idea with a needle bearing that is working well from what I have heard aswell. There’s lots of pie for everyone.

If @Prevostperformance is going to be posting on this forum and advertising/promoting their products, maybe they should also become a paid advertiser like Hurricane and others.

If @Prevostperformance is going to be posting on this forum and advertising/promoting their products, maybe they should also become a paid advertiser like Hurricane and others.
Not advertising or promoting, answering a negative post regarding my product however I may look into becoming a paid advertiser

Have made my own set up with bushing and spacer , I have fine tune the set up so there is almost no wear ( oil is still clean also ) . you find a good machinist , he will point to problems of each gear set up , all of which are better than stock ,

Back