• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Top Speed Pic 104 MPH

Apex2006

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha Sidewinder SRX-LE 2019
Yamaha Sidewinder XTX 141 2017
Yamaha Viper XTX 2015
Yamaha Sno Scoot 2018
Ski-Doo Renegade XRS 850 2020
Next year Turbo for sure.......... ;)!

I am about to buy a new Viper after riding my friends new SR Viper LTX. It rides great and handles great and accelerates with my slightly worked on 2006Apex to about 70mph. My only concern is the top end. We ride a lot on our big 31 mile lake up here and my Apex is at least 10-12 faster up top. What can I do this sled to get it close to the Apex? I wonder if I will even miss the top end??

fourload said:
I am about to buy a new Viper after riding my friends new SR Viper LTX. It rides great and handles great and accelerates with my slightly worked on 2006Apex to about 70mph. My only concern is the top end. We ride a lot on our big 31 mile lake up here and my Apex is at least 10-12 faster up top. What can I do this sled to get it close to the Apex? I wonder if I will even miss the top end??

I picked up my rtx viper in November, I have around 700 miles on it, I just sold my 2011 apex, I do not miss the apex at all, the viper will out handle the apex any day of the week, but you cant compare the top end speed. the apex is 150 hp 4 cylinder and the viper is 135 hp triple. if a stock viper beats an apex on the lake that apex has issues. lol it all depends on the way you like to ride

fourload said:

I would buy a Turbo for it then. Or buy a new Apex, because they are about 5-6mph faster then the older Apex's. You can add all the go fast parts you want to a Viper. Unless its a Turbo, you wont get to the Apex speed on top end..

Boosting it is the answer. Same issue when I went from my Apex to the Nytro. Loved the Nytro much better but missed the legs top end on the Apex. Once I turboed the Nytro, the Apex was watching my #*$&@-end! After this season I will return next year with a boosted Viper that will be king! :sled1:

Apex2006 said:
Boosting it is the answer. Same issue when I went from my Apex to the Nytro. Loved the Nytro much better but missed the legs top end on the Apex. Once I turboed the Nytro, the Apex was watching my #*$&@-end! After this season I will return next year with a boosted Viper that will be king! :sled1:

At least you don't live in MN cause our speed limit is 50mph that's crazy! I would probably go to jail if I got caught doing what I just did! But I got away with it! Lol... :Rockon:

YamahaTim said:
Apex2006 said:

At least you don't live in MN cause our speed limit is 50mph that's crazy! I would probably go to jail if I got caught doing what I just did! But I got away with it! Lol... :Rockon:

Wow, I did not know MN had speed limits all the time. We only have a night time speed limit, otherwise no limit. 50 is a little rediculous don't you think? I guess I would be collecting tickets LOL! :tg:

Apex2006 said:
YamahaTim said:
Apex2006 said:

Wow, I did not know MN had speed limits all the time. We only have a night time speed limit, otherwise no limit. 50 is a little rediculous don't you think? I guess I would be collecting tickets LOL! :tg:

It's terrible! I hate it. I have never been pulled over and got a ticket for it, but they are always out looking. I mean we have some pretty nice trails in northern MN and it's ruined by a 50mph speed limit. WI and MI don't have a daytime speed limit. So that's where people go. I'm sure MN loses money to those states for having a speed limit. Unless they pull that many people over. It's not vey hard to go over 50! So I speed by city cops all the time cause I don't think they care to much or don't know the law, but sheriff and DNR are around here like crazy and they do care and do know the law! No good! :o|

I have a viper rtx and was curious if anyone tried serveral different gearing to get more top end along with dialing the clutching.My old 09 nytro with full excell exhaust, k&n intake kit.stock gearing and clutching was able to hit 111mph (speedo) and on the radar read 109mph

Yup 50 mph day and night and DNR has lots of radar guns. 1st time I rode here got 2 tickets in one weekend and was riding a polaris 550 fan for crying out loud.

Yamadog said:
Yup 50 mph day and night and DNR has lots of radar guns. 1st time I rode here got 2 tickets in one weekend and was riding a polaris 550 fan for crying out loud.

I got the 162 x 2.6 up 90 the other day with 8 psi at 7000/ft. It felt like I was going 200!

Back