• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tors issue

Chevelle502

Country
USA
Snowmobile
Fx10
Does anyone have any idea why tors is engaging only when it's cold? Once the engine warms up it goes away.

I had issues with TORS activating for no reason. Even disconnecting the throttle switch didn't stop it. Cable was fine. I finally licked it by adjusting the throttle position sensor.

I was suspecting the tps or the idle air control. I will see if adjusting it will help.

What I found was that if the closed reading wasn't consistently the same every time the throttle was closed, the TORS issue came back.

I was asking because I had an Apex come with this code and the problem was throttle shaft not fully closing due to poor storage and the sled was open trailered on salty roads end of last year. Some rust on the clip at the end of the throttle body shaft.

I was asking because I had an Apex come with this code and the problem was throttle shaft not fully closing due to poor storage and the sled was open trailered on salty roads end of last year. Some rust on the clip at the end of the throttle body shaft.
I lubed that clip and it hasn't came back on. Thanks

I lubed that clip and it hasn't came back on. Thanks
Super, hopefully its fixed for good. If the throttle butterflies don't snap back completely closed, then TORS engages and prevents the sled from running away.

Back