• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Totally RAZZ

Redbeard

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 Apex, 136 M20, PB80
2008 Vector, 136 M20, PB80
AUGUST 2017

After a 10 year Hiatus, I pulled my Yamaha RAZZ scooters out of storage and got them running again. I have a matching pair of 2001 RAZZ, maroon in color, that I purchased new in September of that year (last year of production). I also have an '89 RAZZ, teal in color, with less than 800 original miles. My wife, son and I have been riding all 3 scoots in the evening after work is done. Power is underwhelming, but I enjoy the time with the two people that matter the most!

My snowmo-buddy recently purchased a 1992 RAZZ for dirt cheap. It's black in color and came with a matching cargo box that was an OEM accessory back then. I went through the carb and replaced the foam air filter, as it was toast. It fired up and ran, but lost power and quit after about 10 minutes of road time. It would re-start and run after cooling, but die again after a few minutes. I swapped out the ignition coil and that cured the problem! ;)!

So...I had an idea one evening (there may have been alcohol involved). "Let's make a road trip!" We discussed a multi-day trip, but the lack of an available chase driver limited our plans to just a single day, which we decided would be southern Indiana. I spent two evenings going over Google maps and charted a course to our destination.

The big day arrived, this past weekend, and we departed just before 8 am. We Rode 115 miles south to French Lick, Indiana in 6.5 hours time. That included 2 gas stops, a 40 minute lunch and plenty of sight seeing. We then met up with our wives, who brought a trailer for the return trip. We went out for a night on the town and stayed the night.

What a great weekend! The weather was perfect and best of all...we had no issues with either scoot!

SC23.jpg
SC2.jpg
SC3.jpg
View attachment 129517
SC4.jpg
SC5.jpg
SC7.jpg
SC6.jpg
SC8.jpg
SC9.jpg

Last edited:

More pics...

SC10.jpg
SC11.jpg
SC12.jpg
SC13.jpg
SC14.jpg
SC15.jpg
SC16.jpg
SC22.jpg
20170819_191704.jpg
SC21.jpg

Looks like fun.

LMAO, Joe you are too funny. I bet you both had a great time!! Those are hoot to blast around on.
Right on! Next year I'm taking my other RAZZ that has a custom windscreen with 36 studs down the center! It also has my personal cargo rack delete kit with custom LED tail lights! :D

20170703_185639.jpg
20170702_175450.jpg

Maybe I should change my name to Northernscooter! LOL!

We just returned home from our 2018 Razz trip. We made a 267 mile loop over two days. Beautiful weather and zero issues with either of my 2001 Razz!

My personal Razz has 36 studs down the center and utilizes an old Apex tunnel protector bracket to secure my cell phone, via Otter Box.

Factoid:

Each bike consumed 3.5 gallons of gasoline, which translates to about 75 mpg. We ran them wide open, whenever possible

View attachment 140897
20180803_083444.jpg
20180803_083519.jpg

Last edited:
We just returned home from our 2018 Razz trip. We made a 267 mile loop over two days. Beautiful weather and zero issues with either of my 2001 Razz!

My personal Razz has 36 studs down the center and utilizes an old Apex tunnel protector bracket to secure my cell phone, via Otter Box.

Factoid:

Each bike consumed 3.5 gallons of gasoline, which translates to about 75 mpg. We ran them wide open, whenever possible

View attachment 140897 View attachment 140898 View attachment 140899

Looks like an awesome time!!

Now this makes me smile!!!
I can just hear the laughter you guys must hav had!

Just scored an awesome cargo box for my scoot! This will be a huge improvement over wearing my HMK snowmo-backpack everywhere.

Everyone asks, "What's HMK?" ;)

Stay tuned...

20180815_150037.jpg
IMG952018080495090938651.jpg

New cargo box is mounted. This thing will hold lots of items if needed! I even dug through my pile and found a nice little tuning fork decal to finish off the installation.

This mod made it necessary to re-install the cargo rack, but not without first powder coating it black. I also left the aftermarket LED taillight in tact, but that required welding a small, custom bracket to the cargo rack for mounting.

One last road trip planned for next weekend! Can't wait!

R1.jpg
R2.jpg
R3.jpg

New cargo box is mounted. This thing will hold lots of items if needed! I even dug through my pile and found a nice little tuning fork decal to finish off the installation.

This mod made it necessary to re-install the cargo rack, but not without first powder coating it black. I also left the aftermarket LED taillight in tact, but that required welding a small, custom bracket to the cargo rack for mounting.

One last road trip planned for next weekend! Can't wait!

View attachment 141009 View attachment 141010 View attachment 141011

Nice job!! now its time to crank it up!

Back