• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

T'Phazer bog passed half throttle

fastcat06

K, I'm fairly new to this turbo 4 stroke. I bought an 07 Phazer with the MCX kit already installed, the first time I rode it the air filter froze up, it was located outside the left hand side just behind the seat, couldn't seem to get any power from it, today I relocated the filter under neith the seat, adjusted the boost to 11 lbs. \ran awesome for the first 30-40 minutes, after that though it seemed as though the filter was freezing again, checked the filter, it was fine. The problem is that the boost isn't building after the sled has been run for a while. On the way back to the truck tonight, I couldn't get more than 3 lbs. of boost and if I went passed half throttle it would bog right down, but if you back off the throttle every thing seems to be fine, no power though. O and I am running C12 for fuel straight. tomorrow I'm goin to check the boost guage to make sure its working, but I still don't under stand why this thing gets worse as you ride it. does anyone out there have any input for this problem?

The biggest improvement is to move the filter out from under the seat. The filter will plug off under the seat if you are riding in deep snow and that's what it sounds like. I have one running an MCX on pump gas premium at 12lbs and it runs awesome with the air filter outside.

What he said ^ keep your air filter out from underneath the seat. As for the bogging, I wish I could help, but I've had no problems with my t-phazer. If you need some help, phone Prince George Yamaha and talk to Don or Harley sp? they seem to know their #*$&@ and were a HUGE help during my build ;)!

Don at Prince George Yamaha recommended getting a different air filter setup. I have one on order from CR Racing. It looks basically like a tin can full of holes with a prefilter on the outside of it. When i receive it I will take some pictures and let you know how it works. Don recommended running 2 prefilters on it as it seemed to help keep them from freezing.

I ended up just takin it to OJ's in Wainright. They do alot of the turbo installs/troubleshooting in the area. They did infact mention that they are in contact with Prince George Yamaha often. So I guess on the bright side of things, its at a shop that finally knows what their talkin about.

just wondering how u guys are keeping the oil in your t phazer when u roll it on it side or top i keep losing it out the vent line

i am also having problems with oil return line from the turbo i got it going under the jack shaft but it rubs on it is there a better place for this

Well talked to OJ's yesterday, so far they've found that the exhaust & clamps were full of cracks. Next time I'll think twice, this machine is really starting to cost!

No, nothing yet. I will let you know as soon as I do though. I'm thnking the cracks in the flex hose had alot to do with it though.

A freind had a similar problem... coming back on the trail after a day of riding and hit the throttle and no power, it would only run 3 lbs of boost. Took everything apart that he felt comfortable about and found nothing. Took it to the dealer that installed it and they found the silicone tube that runs next to the exhaust was brittle from the heat and cracked, loosing boost. They made a heat shield and rapped everything in heat tape... he's going out today and hopefully that corrects it.

fastcat06 said:
No, nothing yet. I will let you know as soon as I do though. I'm thnking the cracks in the flex hose had alot to do with it though.

Was yours a consistent loss of power, or was it intermittent? Mine only occurs in powder. when I get into hardpacked stuff my sled rips hard.

Consistant, it seemed that after it had warmed up things started to go down hill, I've had nothing but head aches with this sled since I bought it a few months back, The guy that had owned previous to me had knocked a hole in through the tunnel into the tank and patched it with silicone, replaced the tank after the silicone let go and leaked all over my garage, caught on fire also because that idiot stuffed insulation batting under the heat sheild on top of the exhaust, the filter freezing up, now the exhaust and what ever else this shop is going to find. Its freaking me out, I was only goin to ride this for a year and then upgrade to a Nytro, but I think I'm way passed the point of getting rid of it now, too much sunk in to it..

Back