• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TPI Orange sec spring

Bluebullet

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2021 sidewinder LTX GT, 2010 Apex LTX GT
I have a 2021 SW LTX GT and am looking to see what my performance gain might be with the TPI orange spring? I used one on my apex and gave me a little more low end and allowed shift out on long pulls. I understand Thunder product delivered this spring for the SW and has shown better performance. so what's the real gain? settings? and is this still a good set up?
Thanks

I have mine set at 40 with 33-35 per thunder recommendations. Worked good stock haven’t tried yet with my 240 tune

Thanks Bel, anyone else have information?

I run it @ 50 with a 35/39 helix on my 250 Powertrail tune with the xs825 belt. Works great. No problems with heat or breakage. Great backshift on the trails also.

I run it @ 50 with a 35/39 helix on my 250 Powertrail tune with the xs825 belt. Works great. No problems with heat or breakage. Great backshift on the trails also.
Which primary weights are you running? And what weight are you pulling on PT? Thanks. In the process of trying a different helix and looking for a baseline

@Bluebullet I have that spring and the TP 33/35 holeshot helix if you are interested. I bought them when my sled was new but then decided to tune it right away so went a different route. PM me if interested.

@Bluebullet I have that spring and the TP 33/35 holeshot helix if you are interested. I bought them when my sled was new but then decided to tune it right away so went a different route. PM me if interested.
No I’m going to try a different set up and have TP orange spring and TP weights. Just dropping down from a straight 45 helix for a experiment on a smaller helix.

Sorry I thought you were offering me! Lol

Which primary weights are you running? And what weight are you pulling on PT? Thanks. In the process of trying a different helix and looking for a baseline
Stock 17 weights loaded with 4.5 rivets. Primary spring is a Yamaha about 35/123 if I remember correctly. The stock weights are working well. The xs 825 belt is key to making this setup work.Trail manners are very good

I have a 2021 SW LTX GT and am looking to see what my performance gain might be with the TPI orange spring? I used one on my apex and gave me a little more low end and allowed shift out on long pulls. I understand Thunder product delivered this spring for the SW and has shown better performance. so what's the real gain? settings? and is this still a good set up?
Thanks
I have been using TP orange spring in primary and secondary with glide washers in primary and 33/35 TP helix . Dalton weights are set for me on a max spool 17 set up for over 6,000 miles. I do change springs for new ones every 1.5 to 2 seasons. Very smooth.

Would you mind sharing the weight of your daltons ,which belt and do you keep track of belt temp
Thanks

I'm running 74 grams but that may be low for the average rider. I load the machine because I'm 6'3" 274lbs dressed which also loads the machine. I can run 29" track with little spin issues unless its deep snow.

Fully dressed and loaded up I’m even a little more than that. similar clutch weight. Do you tend to have pretty warm belt temps?

Not really. They get pretty warm when hammering but not hot. Another reason I like riding into and out of throttle verses stabbing at it. I can abuse my APEX and no issues but 160hp is a lot different than 280+. Then again I ride mosty in temps that are -5 to 20 degrees farenhiet.

Thanks Guys, I am all currently stock pri and sec clutches with no tune. I have the orange spring on a spare Apex secondary that I swap when expected racing comes up. Just looking to see if worth removing and running in sw secondary. I think that spring was designed intially for the SW?
I ride mostly logging rode/rail bed trails here in maine.

Back