• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Track alignment

Carla 123

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2015 viper xtx boosted
17 zr9000 precision stage 3
Had this issue before but now it's become a real pain.had my skid out the check everything as preseason maintenance and now after getting the skid back in track has to move to throttle side to get it adjusted as it's probably 1/4 inch out.no matter how much I adjust the brake side adjuster the track wont move over.should I just set proper tension and ride it ?just spent 2 hours trying to get it at the least a little better than it is.also have 4 wheel kit so going by the looks of the back wheels being centered properly.

I'm assuming you loosened the tri hub bolts...... After making an adjustment with the hub bolts loose I step on the track edges to make sure the adjusters are set and then retighten the hub bolts before spinning the track. Usually I can get it close this way but I've found once I run it with a load it moves again so I take the necessary tools out with me and adjust until it's centered.

It's kind of like adjusting belt deflection, The belt needs to be loaded before determining actual ride height so adjustments in the garage only get you so far.

Yup loosened the tri hub bolts.no matter how much I set the left side adjuster in the track will not move over at all.i will try stepping on the track like you said grizz.thanks

check the adjuster blocks to make sure one didn't brake. I believe I've read reports of them having issues and there are billet replacements available.

Some of these tracks just refuse to align. My original was like that. I just resorted to backing the adjusters even with nuts both sides and counting the turns doing both sides same till track was tight. My track lasted over 9000mi. 2nd track adjusts very easily. Can put it wherever I want with a 1/8th turn. Dont sweat it. That track is all over the place when riding!

Some of these tracks just refuse to align. My original was like that. I just resorted to backing the adjusters even with nuts both sides and counting the turns doing both sides same till track was tight. My track lasted over 9000mi. 2nd track adjusts very easily. Can put it wherever I want with a 1/8th turn. Dont sweat it. That track is all over the place when riding!
Thanks just what I'm going to do.you would think I could get it to move to the right but it wont move over at all.maybe something not in right.but whatever just going to ride it

Just an update .track is 1/4 more to the left and I loosened the trihub bolts and tightened the right side all the way almost till the track was too tight and it wont move over at all.totally stumped and I don't want to run it like this because the 2 trihubs are rubbing on the inside track nubs.why wont the track move over.i can loosen one side all the way and crank the other side down and makes no difference.dont want to wear out inner trihub wheels

Last edited:
Just an update .track is 1/4 more to the left and I loosened the trihub bolts and tightened the right side all the way almost till the track was too tight and it wont move over at all.torally stumped and I don't want to run it like this because the 2 trihubs are rubbing on the inside track nubs.why wont the track move over.i can loosen one side all the way and crank the other side down and makes no difference.dont want to wear out inner trihub wheels
If the track is 2 far to the left and you want it to move to the right you have to tighten the left side adjuster.

If the track is 2 far to the left and you want it to move to the right you have to tighten the left side adjuster.
I know that but track wont move at all

Did you run it under load or is this with the track hanging?

rotated by hand? You need to spin more than a couple rotations. I run the engine to spin the track then when close take it out to do the final adjustment.

Back