• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

track change

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 rtx se
2011 apex xtx
in the near future im goin to replace the ripsaw on 2011 xtx... does anyone have any insight or thoughts on the
Camso CrossOver Cross-Country 144x15x1.5 ....tired of all the spinning...im open to other track as well ....any recommendations on a good traction track

thank..

i am using the composit 15"x144"x1.5" lug track on my 11 xtx. when i get to ride it, gf rides it usually, i love the traction on it in all the conditions i have seen with it. went right in with no clearance issues and on its 2nd season. so far holding up well and it was still cheaper than the 1.25" ripsaw that came on the sled. i think tax in it was under $800.00 at royal distributing no tax sale. done everything from big trail speeds to breaking trail.

Just installed a Camso Ice Storm 150 in my 18 XTX. Heading up north this weekend and can't wait to try it out. Had replaced the stock Backcountry 1.75" with a Ripsaw II 1.25" when purchased but now the Ripsaw needed replaced so thought I would try out one of these pre-studded tracks vs ordering the Storm 150 and studding. Too expensive to order a 146" Ripsaw II as you have to order from Yamaha because no one else carries that size.

When I stretched our two SXs to 144" years ago I put a 1 1/4 " Ripsaw on one sled and a 1 1/2 " Cross country on the other sled.
Both tracks have stood up well but the Cross Country performs way better then the Ripsaw...like night and day.

Please share your thoughts on this!

Will do as I'm going into it knowing full well not to expect the hook up of traditional studs like I've done in the past. I just came to the conclusion that approximately 10% of my riding, I would like traditional studs but the for the remaining 90%, want a taller lug so this Ice Storm 150 fit the bill; of course so did the Ice Ripper but opted for the Ice Storm ; like how it has 1.25" lugs on the outside to aid in cornering.

Nice thing about ordering a track now is that you can get end-of-season pricing. That 146" Ice Storm 150 was $650 US shipped to my door. The Storm 150 would have been $600 US, so just made sense to get the Ice version as I would have over $50 in studs or even iGrips.

Just installed a Camso Ice Storm 150 in my 18 XTX. Heading up north this weekend and can't wait to try it out. Had replaced the stock Backcountry 1.75" with a Ripsaw II 1.25" when purchased but now the Ripsaw needed replaced so thought I would try out one of these pre-studded tracks vs ordering the Storm 150 and studding. Too expensive to order a 146" Ripsaw II as you have to order from Yamaha because no one else carries that size.
Gonna throw a Casmo Hurricane on my 17 xtx this weekend. Any tips or tricks to getting the singleshot skid out and back in Rob?

I know it sucks to pump back up the Fox air shock to anything over 200lbs but let all air out of shock. I then have a lift where I raise up sled to take pressure off suspension and then remove skid bolts. With shock having no air and rear axle loose the skid will come right out of track. And then when reinstalling and after getting suspension back inside track I lower sled that’s on sled lift down over track so that I can then bolt up suspension. I usually lay on floor and use leg to push skid back and then line up front suspension arm to bolt up. Since no air in shock it not bad to do and then once they’re bolted up do rear suspension bolts but have to raise sled on lift to get cross shaft aligned with bracket holes. With lift I can do all this myself

Thanks Rob. I got it out easily by deflating the shock. I always forget that theres an airshock in there.

I have had both a 1.6 ice cobra and a new 1.5 ice storm on a 16 xtx. I think both are great tracks. The ice storm seems like it might be more durable. I got about 7,000 miles on the Cobra before lugs started falling off. the original 1.25 track was studded with ~100 studs I took that off around 1,000 miles. The Cobra was way better!

I have had hacksaw with studs, ripsaw studs, rispsaw no studs, cobra 1.375, predator 1.25, and cross country 1.5. Hands down cross country track is best for traction this is on a boosted apex in 151 length. In a 121 I couldn't get any track to hook, except the 151 predator. So my order of traction to best to worst would be: Cross country, predator, cobra, ripsaw, hacksaw.

Back