• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Track conversion 1" - 1.25" - 1.5 "

Sledroll

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2022 SRX LE
2017 SW LTX LE
If you only change the track , and nothing else , what variation in top rpms can be expected from going from 9000 rpm's with a 1" to 1.25" , to 1.5' ?

I would expect no difference. Wouldn't the clutches just end up shifting less with the higher load and still end up at 9k rpm but a lower speed?

I would expect no difference. Wouldn't the clutches just end up shifting less with the higher load and still end up at 9k rpm but a lower speed?
I would have thought that if the shift is less then the rpms and speed are less .

If you only change the track , and nothing else , what variation in top rpms can be expected from going from 9000 rpm's with a 1" to 1.25" , to 1.5'

I went to a 1.5" from 1" on a 19 srx, rpm stayed the same but lost some engine braking changed the pink secondary spring to 6-2, works good for stock setup

So , I am thinking I want to do the same track change as you , that is what prompted this thread .
I was going to do it before the season , but sled came in late , and tracks were scarce , along with studs and backers .
I find the 1" track is not good at stopping , and the back end slides out , a lot more than even the 1.25" track on my 17 SW .
My plan is to get the Hurricane 240 SS SM tune with 3 bar map , add the 1.5" track with atleast 1.75" studs , and the only other change , I am hoping to make is to change to the XS 825 belt , to bring the revs back into the 8950 - 9000 rpm range .
This should greatly improve the corner to corner performance of the sled , and help to minimize the SLIDING THRU THE NEXT CORNER HAPPENINGS !!!!
I am leaning towards the RIPSAW 1.5".
Why did you change the spring setting ?
Do you really notice the difference of lug height , and they way the sled handles on the trails ?

I went from stock 1.25 with 1.45 mega-bites to storm 1.5 and 1.86 triggers.

If I did it again, I'd go with the ripsaw II 1.5 and 1.74 megabytes. https://www.cbperformanceparts.com/...ts/studs/woodys-mega-bite-1-740-stud-package/

It was a noticeable increase in traction in looser snow with the 1.5". The storm has held up well but the majority feel the ripsaw II will hold up even longer. The triggers do well, but I can't say they do better than my dads and he runs the 1.74 megabytes. The megabytes are more durable for sure so I'd go that route if doing it again.

If I did it again, I'd go with the ripsaw II 1.5 and 1.74 megabytes. https://www.cbperformanceparts.com/...ts/studs/woodys-mega-bite-1-740-stud-package/

It was a noticeable increase in traction in looser snow with the 1.5". The storm has held up well but the majority feel the ripsaw II will hold up even longer. The triggers do well, but I can't say they do better than my dads and he runs the 1.74 megabytes. The megabytes are more durable for sure so I'd go that route if doing it again.
I am currently running 1.5" powerpoints , with superlite plus backers , on the 1" track .
19 SRX's came with a 1.25" track ?

I went to the RipII 1.5 this year, with 192 1.625" studs and 280hp it pulls like you would not believe. The extra 1/4" from the stock track really is noticeable during braking. Everyone who rides my sled comments how well it brakes compared to anything they have ridden including a buddies ripII 1.25 with 240 picks in it.

I went to the RipII 1.5 this year, with 192 1.625" studs and 280hp it pulls like you would not believe. The extra 1/4" from the stock track really is noticeable during braking. Everyone who rides my sled comments how well it brakes compared to anything they have ridden including a buddies ripII 1.25 with 240 picks in it.I/

I went to the RipII 1.5 this year, with 192 1.625" studs and 280hp it pulls like you would not believe. The extra 1/4" from the stock track really is noticeable during braking. Everyone who rides my sled comments how well it brakes compared to anything they have ridden including a buddies ripII 1.25 with 240 picks in it.
I'm sold on the 1.5 !
It should be even more noticeable going from 1" to 1.5".

I went with the 1.75 Hurricane and 1.860 Triggers my first thoughts was the 1.5 Ripsaw II with 1.860 Triggers but I liked the lugs better on the Hurricane so I was going to cut it down to a 1.5 but the traction is just wicked

I went with the 1.75 Hurricane and 1.860 Triggers my first thoughts was the 1.5 Ripsaw II with 1.860 Triggers but I liked the lugs better on the Hurricane so I was going to cut it down to a 1.5 but the traction is just wicked
Any cooling issues , more than normal ?

Any issues with your dad’s setup? Any tunnel or heat exchanger contact with the 1.74’s? Any pull outs? Has he ever ratcheted the track with that setup? I have a new Rip II 1.5 that needs to be studded for next season and I was highly considering Megabyte 1.74. Thanks.

Any cooling issues , more than normal ?
I think they cool better, better than a 1.25 even.
Riding this spring with my 1.5 and a T-Cat with a 1.25, my sled ran 15 degrees cooler in low snow conditions.

I did this conversion last year, 1.25 to 1.5. I only run 2 studs per bar with the 1.5 as I don't want the traction in the rear to overpower the front.
I also run the INS (previously Roetin ) studs, HNT 1.64. I like that they are very thin. I also like that they break, and don't bend. Bent studs suck to get out of the track. I always order a few extra.
In my experience, the rip 2 is a much more durable track than the storm.
I know riding behind my sled on the trail is like riding behind a snow blower!!!

Back