• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Track deflection for high speed ice runs.

Bert Corrigan

Veteran
My 2019 SRX Sidewinder w/Turbo Dynamics tune and other mods, runs 141 mph radar on ice. I’m running 1” of track deflection at 17lbs.
Can others here tell me what I should be running for track deflection on a sled running this speed on ice.

I know the track must be tighter than you would normally adjust for trail riding. But how tight is right for high speed ice runs?

Sounds like your doing just fine with where your at? Any way to test back back with different tensions? That would be ideal way to know. IMO you could go tighter. But I’m just a trail guy.

My 2019 SRX Sidewinder w/Turbo Dynamics tune and other mods, runs 141 mph radar on ice. I’m running 1” of track deflection at 17lbs.
Can others here tell me what I should be running for track deflection on a sled running this speed on ice.

I know the track must be tighter than you would normally adjust for trail riding. But how tight is right for high speed ice runs?

141 mph!!!
Sounds like you should be telling most of us how to set up our sleds.:)

My speed of 141 was achieved in 1000’ on a 2500’ track.

Very impressive, especially in 1000ft!!

Which tune?

Just curious, you mentioned 23 top gear, is that mated to stock 41 on bottom? No chain fits that ratio, how did you make that work?

Very impressive, especially in 1000ft!!

Which tune?

Just curious, you mentioned 23 top gear, is that mated to stock 41 on bottom? No chain fits that ratio, how did you make that work?
The key to all those seeking better top end is to have both the primary and secondary clutches machines to allow the shift up to overdrive. Do this before making gearing changes.
My 2019 SRX is set up as follows:
TD Power Trail Tune
3” Cold Air Intake

The key to all those seeking better top end is to have both the primary and secondary clutches machines to allow the shift up to overdrive. Do this before making gearing changes.
My 2019 SRX is set up as follows:
TD Power Trail Tune
3” Cold Air Intake
Turbosmart BOV
Every rotating shaft in skid trued to + - .002 runout.
Dalton clutching
23 top 40 bottom chain case

Back