• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Track drive shaft

Froggy

Lifetime Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2020 Winder LTX SE 14600 km and counting
2016 Viper LTX LE 23986 km sold
2015 Viper LTX DX Wife's 19500 km
2010 Vector LTX GT 25000 km sold
I'm looking for the Arctic cat part number for the drive shaft (axle) for my track. My 2016 Viper LTX LE needs a new drive shaft which has about 1/8" play at the brake caliper bearing. Yamaha part number 8JP-G7511-00-00 is back ordered to February 21 and I really want to use my sled as the groomer has done the local trails last week. In the meantime a machinist friend has offered to try and weld up the shaft and turn it back down but he says there is a risk that it may not turn out good. My dealer is a Cat/ Yamaha dealer but is unsure what to order from Arctic Cat. I presumed any 7000 series cross tour, cross trek or snow pro should be the same. Any help is appreciated from the TY community. Would Arctic Cat p/n 2602-740 be the right one?

There is used arctic cat driveshaft on eBay. Looks in great condition. I was looking at it for my viper but was able to find locally.

Go to country cats website OEM parts look up and cross reference a 16 7000 with a 137" track, should be the same part.

Go to country cats website OEM parts look up and cross reference a 16 7000 with a 137" track, should be the same part.
Just checked Country Cat as murdered141 mentioned and came up with the cat number that I thought it was, going to call dealer tomorrow and see if cat has it in stock and I'll order that one but I'm going with a different bearing that has setscrews on the inner race like my Vector, may have to remove the caliper seal but I'll deal with that when the time comes.

That's the part number I got, but that is just the shaft, not the drive cogs. If your drive cogs are good that'll be good. Is the play at the clutch side between the bearing and shaft? It's a bit of a known problem...

How many miles on sled ?
Yes play is at clutch side and there is 17000 km, drive shaft was center punched and bearing loctited after first year with 6500km when looseness was first detected and Yamaha would not warranty shaft even though I had a 2 year warranty, they said to Loctite it and I should have had dealer look at it first instead of me taking it apart. Now I don't want to ride it until it is fixed so that I don't damage the chain case with all the play at the other end.

Just checked Country Cat as murdered141 mentioned and came up with the cat number that I thought it was, going to call dealer tomorrow and see if cat has it in stock and I'll order that one but I'm going with a different bearing that has setscrews on the inner race like my Vector, may have to remove the caliper seal but I'll deal with that when the time comes.
Please keep us posted on how or what is needed to fit the locking collar bearing onto the shaft.

Back