• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

track extension 2008 venture mp

Nathan v

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2008 venture mp
Hello all! I have a 2008 venture mp, allthough i love it I would like to be able to break more trail . Do they make track extension kits for these sleds ? is the phaser chassis the same I know they make extension kits for those sleds . anyway let me know what you think !!!!!!

I'm pretty sure Phazer extensions would work. If you look around in this section, someone extended his MP this way.

And welcome to TY! :welc:

That was karl. He extended the track, geared down, stripped the rack off and converted to Phazer panels. There are lots of pics in the old threads. He is/was in the Yukon and I always have my eye out for that sled to come up for sale.

Attachments

• 1518425403IMG_4082.jpg
    1518425403IMG_4082.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 880
  • 1518425404IMG_4085.jpg
    1518425404IMG_4085.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 687
Interesting. I wonder if that was a kit?

Sorry i do not really know. A guess is parts from venture tf

I blew up the skid and if you notice the following:
- red arrows point to stock MP parts, including the large rear wheel
- Yellow arrows point to either parts from another sled (TF?) or totally custom parts
- Blue arrow points to where we would normally see the aluminum skid rail. It's black or there isn't one.

MP EXT.jpg

I think it's a totally a custom made setup. If you look at this pic of a TF, you clearly see the rail.

Thumb.aspx

Hi all.
I've been a visitor to this great site for a long time.
This is my first post and just want to share on this subject .
I helped a friend with a mp and this extension a couple years ago. Its a custom extension kit that looks like in first image.
finnflip_3530.jpg

The final result in second image.
20170323_174332.jpg

2 inch lug track, exhaust thru the back and extended the stock towbar.
Makes quite a difference in deep snow and when there is water on the ice.

On my own mp i just put on a 2 inch lug track in stock size from a Summit and that made me wery happy. Hole new sled off trail.

Hope to see a lot of snow this season.

It looks like it's a rail-less extension. Way cool! You could probably patent and sell that!

I don't mean to hijack the post, but Lake Bottom, is that a factory trunk on the sled in the photo?

Lakebottom It almost look like it could be articulated is it. It looks similar to how my old 94 venture lt was set up.

Back