• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Track issues

Spicoli

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 Sidewinder L-TX DX
I have a stud pulled out on my track. How do I repair it? It has left a hole. Please help.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Buy a new track. There is no way to fix it other than have a track repair company vulcanize it but it will never be as good as a new track.

You can remove all of the studs, an old track will start to lose more of them. If its far enough from an edge and can be trimmed to a round hole with no loose rubber it can be used for a while. Look at track porting.

If it's only one stud just leave it and ride. When you have a bunch pull out then I'd consider getting a new track and then it starts fraying then new track or die. It's just like missing lugs really.

Well I bit the bullet and bought a new Ripsaw with 96 studs to go on. I am going to install myself, I am very handy and learned a lot about this machine just doing an oil and filter change (lol). Any helpful advice on this challenge? I did read some past posts on the subject. With the suspension out I am going to change some idler wheels and the sliders for sure. Should I change or just grease the drive Shaft bearings? (7800kms on sled) Either way what is the best type of grease? This sled has been babyed and only had oils changed. Thanks in advance, this site rocks!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20161213_185118.jpg
    IMG_20161213_185118.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 147
if it was me and for the price of the bearings/seals i'd replace them all and be done with it. a lot easier when you have it all apart.

I agree with sgauthier, I had a 2010 Vector that I was putting 5000-5500 km each year on extended trips. Pulled the skid each year and changed all bearings each year for NTN formula bearings on all idler wheels which included oversized 135mm wheels for slider life. New sliders each year regardless of wear and new drive bearing each year. Replaced secondary jackshaft bearing every second year along with chain case rebuild at same time. Did my own work and only worries were on overnight trips was during minus 30-40 starting issues.

Back