• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

track question

island_rage05

Extreme
Well i just bought a second hand 05 rs rage in pretty good shape i noticed it has every third window closed on the track? what does this mean? and does it affect my speed any? My old sled was a 1999 yamaha Vmax deluxe love the old sled but will the rage be as fast and have the tak off the vmax had? i never got to try out the rage yet hopefully soon? any information on this would be appreciated thanks guys/gals

I honestly don't know much about the Rage. It's a three cylinder sled, right?

The track with every third window closed was an experiment tried a few years ago to save weight by eliminating track clips. It did save weight but also increased hifax wear in some snow conditions. It also complicates things if you want to go to extrovert drivers.

I think you'll be surprised how well the fourstrokes work. There is a whole bunch of torque right off the line and you can keep the throttle pinned as long as you dare witout fear of engine burndown.

Best of luck

Frosty

Back